Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cavalry SPV Lawsuit

tag
jmr2012
Valued Member

Cavalry SPV Lawsuit

In February I received two letters from the courthouse. One letter was dated 1/3/17 and  said  the above case has been assigned to the ARBITRATION TRACK for caseflow management.   The second letter stated "And now this 1st day of February, 2017 IT IS ORDERED that discovery shall be completed by July 21, 2017.  IT IS FURTHER ORDERED,  that the Court Administrator's Office shall schedule the within matter for arbitration on the next available list after the discovery deadline.  A case may be praeciped for arbitration prior to the discovery deadline.

I have not been served personally with anything.  I really want to get this taken care of but I'm clueless on how to proceed.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  

Starting Rebuilding 4/8/16 My Fico 528
TransUnion 544
Experian 519
Equifax 529
Current TransUnion 584
Experian 630
Equifax 628
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cavalry SPV Lawsuit

DO NOT DELAY, call the court house though it may be too late in the day where you are.

The clerks will tell you what forms you will need to fill out or informatoin you should send in. Discovery is a legal term where you furnish everything you have against the other side or what you have for your side. In the case of collections, this would be any communications you have with them, return receipts proving you submited documents etc.

Again the clerks (or an attorney) can tell you better what all you will need but you NEED to hit all dates for documentation or risk having a default judgement set against you. 

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Your case has been assigned for hearing before an arbitrator rather then trial before a judge.

You need someone experienced in that process, both procedurally and substantively.

I would highly recommend at least an initial consultation with an attorney.

Message 3 of 4
jmr2012
Valued Member

Hi, I called the courthouse today and they said to call the plaintiff's attorney and work out a deal.  She said there was nothing I needed to send the courthouse.  I'm so confused?  

Starting Rebuilding 4/8/16 My Fico 528
TransUnion 544
Experian 519
Equifax 529
Current TransUnion 584
Experian 630
Equifax 628
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.