Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cease & Desist - STILL CALLING!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cease & Desist - STILL CALLING!

I sent a debt validation letter which included a limited cease and desist, which stated to only contact me through the mail.  I received my green card back, yet they are still calling my cell phone and my PARENTS house several times per day!  What to do next??  This is Midland btw....

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Cease & Desist - STILL CALLING!

@Anonymous wrote:

I sent a debt validation letter which included a limited cease and desist, which stated to only contact me through the mail.  I received my green card back, yet they are still calling my cell phone and my PARENTS house several times per day!  What to do next??  This is Midland btw....

find a lawyer that will sue them and take fees out of judgement vs you paying upfront.

the other thing is, how long ago did you get confirmation that they got letter, if your in auto-dialer may take a week or two for them to get that updated and your number removed from auto-dialer.

I don't have much experience in this matter, so I'm sure you might get a better option from others.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are right, I didn't think of autodialer.  It has only been about a week since I got the green card.  I'll give it another week or so...

Message 3 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

If your able to talk to them when they call, I would let them know you have confirmation that they received your cease and desist, the rep may be able to mark the file as such and make the process faster. I use to work for Providian long long time ago and we had options of how to disposition the call when we were done, 1 was to remove them from auto dialer and add notes to why for someone above us to review.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.