Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Celebrating last CA gone, but small increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Celebrating last CA gone, but small increase

I disputed it three different times but I had a CA sticking on my reports on EQ.

They had the wrong DoFD but the CA and EQ would not correct it and it stuck tight.  It has been paid (settlement for less than full) since 2011 and TU and EX has had it excluded since Oct 2015.  

It just fell off EQ on 4/1/16 and it only looks like a bump of about 6 points on EQ.

All other baddies are gone from all reports, except I have a 30 and 60 day late showing on my mortgage that is 20 months old now.

Scores are now all above 725 using CCT Fico 8, a far cry from the 475 range I started with, in 2009.

Very Thankful to be past the problems from 2008 and 2009, and glad I found this forum with all the great advice and knowledge.

Found this Snoopy Dance toy from Walmart, describes my happiness!  I think I will use my Walmart MC to order it, the CC I got from advice on here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeQlIBHNJtE

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Celebrating last CA gone, but small increase

Nice job.  Soon the lates on the mortgage won't affect you as much.

Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Do you perhaps have a public record, such as a tax lien or judgment?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

Do you perhaps have a public record, such as a tax lien or judgment?

Nope - no judgements or public records.  INQs are EX with 2, TU with 3, EQ with 4.

I do have two CC accounts that are close to 30% UTI because of low CLs, overall UTI is maybe 14% for all revolving accounts.

I have a new installment loan with SDFCU showing about 2800 out of 3000, but it hasn't shown up in any 'factors' listing since it was at 100% when opened.

Today was my day to refresh my reports on CCT with Fico 8 scores and the results are puzzling.

EX 724, TU 729, and EQ 715. 

My EQ score went from 719 to 715, so it actually dropped four points.  EX dropped 3 points and TU stayed the same.

Message 4 of 6
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Was that CA being updated monthly? If not, any drop offs of old and non-updating CA won't have a huge effect on your scores.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@darwin_wins wrote:
Was that CA being updated monthly? If not, any drop offs of old and non-updating CA won't have a huge effect on your scores.

It showed a zero balance and was last reported Nov 2015.  in the remarks, it showed 'settlement accepted on this account, paid collection'.

The actual change in my EQ score for Fico 8 was that the score decreased by 4 points since last month.

My UTI is about the same and all other factors the same, except one new account added, and one month older.

in the 'factors explanation' section, only in the EQ explanation, it says I am 'seeking credit', which is true, I have had several accounts added in 2015 and 2016.

It appears to be one of those things in the BTSOOM category, which means 'Beats The Stuffing Out Of Me' , with a loose interpretation for the word 'stuffing'. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.