Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cellphone SOL and Midland Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cellphone SOL and Midland Credit

So as I am already working on my credit and improving it, I get a letter from Midland Credit for a Tmobile bill I know is incorrect.  I called Tmobile and of course the bill has been written off because it was from 2009.  I live Florida and the SOL is 5 years, it will be up here in August for this.  I have heard that cellphones have a different statue of limitations? is this true does anyone know?  I plan to send them a DV letter Monday.  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cellphone SOL and Midland Credit

@Anonymous wrote:

So as I am already working on my credit and improving it, I get a letter from Midland Credit for a Tmobile bill I know is incorrect.  I called Tmobile and of course the bill has been written off because it was from 2009.  I live Florida and the SOL is 5 years, it will be up here in August for this.  I have heard that cellphones have a different statue of limitations? is this true does anyone know?  I plan to send them a DV letter Monday.  

It is my understanding that cell phone debt has a 2 year federal SOL

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.