Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centerpoint Delete!!!! WOO HOO!

tag
jimmy_b30
Established Member

Centerpoint Delete!!!! WOO HOO!

Well got my letter in the mail from the OC Centerpoint today that I paid on 6/11/10 and called to confirm with them on 6/14/10.  I PIF to Centerpoint without a PFD letter (I know I know I shouldnt have) but I received a letter today advising me that they have already sent letters to the 3 CRA instructing them to DELETE all record of this account.  So everyone with a centerpoint that isnt very old..(mine was almost 4 years old) call there credit departemnt and they are very easy going and helpful. 

My question to the group not knowing what thread to put it in is this.....when should I check my report again....I am so anxious but my centerpoint letter said 30-60 days.  How often and when do the CRA update CR's?

-Jimmy B.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
JaseT
Established Contributor

Re: Centerpoint Delete!!!! WOO HOO!

Credit reports are constantly being updated! It might help you to have a credit monitoring service so that you can check all three of your reports daily.

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 2 of 12
jimmy_b30
Established Member

WOW! equifax deleted centerpoint and TU hasnt yet....when the delete happened it dropped my EQ score from 520 ro 487.......wow!

I maybe should have just left it alone.

-Jimmy B.

Message 3 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

What was reporting negatively on that TL?

Was this your oldest account?

Where did you get your credit score from?

Message 4 of 12
jimmy_b30
Established Member

Scores came from MyFico.

TU hasnt deleted the account yet that score is 456

EF 487 was 520.......

Wasnt the oldest account.

It was reporting as charged off/bad debt / balance 230.00

Message 5 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@jimmy_b30 wrote:

EF 487 was 520.......

It was reporting as charged off/bad debt / balance 230.00

Is it reporting the same, but with a comment like "Account in dispute - reported by subscriber" or something like that?

What was the credit limit of that HSBC?

Message 6 of 12
jimmy_b30
Established Member

HSBC? I looked to see what that stood for but couldnt find anything.

they didnt just change the TL, they deleted the entire entry.

Message 7 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@jimmy_b30 wrote:

HSBC? I looked to see what that stood for but couldnt find anything.

My bad. I got the OC accounts mixed up in my mind. I should have said Centerpointe. I need a break. Smiley Sad

@jimmy_b30 wrote:

they didnt just change the TL, they deleted the entire entry. 

I googled "Centerpoint". Is this an utility? Or is this something else? If a CC, post the CL.

Sorry for the 100 questions...if a baddie is removed, a number of things can happen to your CR. For example, if a CC, if there was a large CL in relation to a low balance, then removing it, even if charged-off, can result in a score drop. Or maybe an OC TL helped your mix of credit which results in a drop. Another possibility is rebucketing. If your last baddie is removed, then you can actually see a drop.

In your example, I don't think any of the above are true. Proceeding on the assumption this is a utility, mix really doesn't matter here. Your FICO scores are low so I suspect there are other baddies, and that rules out rebucketing. And util doesn't enter into a utility baddie.

What I think happened is that something else changed on your CR. If you disputed this TL, did you dispute others? As mentioned, if you dispute a CC or CC CO, you can see a drop when the balance and CL are removed from scoring. If you have no other CCs, using this as an example, you could actually see a large drop. Disputing could also make a baddie worse. I'd look at each TL carefully. A dispute will automatically update the DOLA and that can easily drop your score if the baddie hadn't updated in a while. Also, disputes often results in added lates which would drop your score.

If nothing else was disputed, and every other TL is still reporting, then look at the individual reporting of each TL to make sure the balances were exactly the same, no added lates, updated comments like "Charged-off" or "settled". Make sure you didn't add any new accounts which will often drop your score or lose any others which could also hurt your score. Other than the above comments, I would be at a loss otherwise.

Message 8 of 12
JaseT
Established Contributor

Could've been a scorecard change.

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 9 of 12
jimmy_b30
Established Member

Is there something out there that I can see this "scorecard" on and how it is rated?

-Jimmy B.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.