Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central Financial Control

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Central Financial Control

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of rebuilding my credit and everything is beginnig to look outstanding with the exception of 3 collections on my credit reports. All three are from Central Financial Control, which are medical bills. They are about 2-3 years old. I beleive them to be legitimate. 

They began contacting me about the debt before and I pretty much completely ignored them. I was depressed, in denial and pretty much immature at the time. Fast forward to today, I'm more than ready to taackle this problem of mine. I've been doing a lot of research on how to go about clearing any collections on my credit reports, however, the information are kind of all over the place. 

I read an article that I should send a DV letter, which I did a couple of weeks ago. Then I find out that that wasn't a good move on my part due to the debt being a little bit old and what not. I'm also finding out that CFC were sued just recently and lost and are now having to pay settlement penalties.

I guess my questions are, what would be the first step for me to removing my debts from my repots? Is it still possible for me to delte such collections from my reports? 

Thank you very much for your time reading this,

J

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
tufa4311
Established Contributor

Re: Central Financial Control

Begin researching PFD's (pay for delete). Just do a search on this forum for PFD's. Basically you would make contact, ususally by letter, and offer to pay the debt if they remove the collection from your report.

796 TU FICO 08 (08/2018)
758 TU FICO 08 (01/12/2016)
753 TU FICO 08 (11/21/2015)
740: EQ Score Power (Beacon 5.0) FICO 04 (01/23/2015)
755 TU FICO 08 (01/21/2015)
652 TU Lender Pull (06/10/2014)
665 TU FICO 08 (05/21/2014)
Goal: 800+
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - I recently had seven CFC collections removed from my credit reports and four CFC collections removed from my husband's. I contacted them many, many times with no luck. They were not helpful at all. Finally, I contacted the hospital's billing department directly, spoke with the director of patient services and she agreed to recall the debts and the collections were promptly removed. I received a letter from CFC a few months later confirming that collections were paid and removed. Good luck!
Message 3 of 11
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

I have one collection from them on my three reports and the hospital agreed to accept my payment in full but they said they cannot pull it back from the collection agency. Should I just pay the hospital then dispute the collection?
Message 4 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 5 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If the debt collector still has collection authority at time of your payment of the debt. then CRA policy instructs them not to delete their reporting.

Having paid the debt is not basis for dispute of the accuracy of the reported collection.  It requires the debt collector close further collection activities, and update the collection to show $0 remaining under collection.  The fact that they had collection authority is not negated by satisfaction of the debt.

Recourse is then to request the debt collector to delete based on their good-will.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, 

I had a collection account from them that was only 2 years old (original account was 2yrs old, collection was only 1yrs old). I called them to pay them and asked if they could do PFD (pay for delete) and I was told no but they lady was nice enough to tell me that I could send them a letter for reconsideration (she even gave me the fax number).

So I paid them in full and within two weeks of the payment I sent them a Goodwill letter requesting them to remove the collection account completely from my report. I didn't get anything back from them until a couple of weeks ago when I got a letter from them saying that they were going to remove the account from my credit reports! Within a week of receiving the letter the collection was gone Smiley Happy 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! Could you post or PM the fax number please? Thank you!

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please post or pm a sample of the Goodwill letter requesting to have the account removed and post the fax number.
Message 9 of 11
RonM21
Valued Contributor

This is an old thread. If you don't get a response try searching these threads, or online overall for sample giodwill letters.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.