Contributor
2130sunshine

Central Financial Control

I recently contacted CFC to get my report updated from a payment I made back in May 2012. My CR still shows this as unpaid. As a result of me contacting them I received a derog notification from my credit monitoring. How do I update this account or possibly get it deleted without it hurting my CR any more. Has anyone had any luck with this company?

Valued Contributor
beb86

Re: Central Financial Control

you could dispute it 

ccpics2.jpg
Established Contributor
electra

These guys are jerks. I sent them a PFD and they didn't respond and also sent notice to the CRA's that I was disputing.  That may have been due to the wording in my PFD letter but I think they are just jerking me around.

What is it for?  Is it medical?  Mine is medical and I'm now going to follow the Whychat Hipaa process to see if I can get it removed.  

Starting Score: TU:584 | EQ 584
Current Score: TU FICO: 711 | EQ FICO 713 | EX (USAA FAKO) 779
Goal Score: 780 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor
2130sunshine

Mine is for medical. I paid them in may and they never updated my account. I called them the other day and they say I need to take that up with the CRA. They sent me a letter and add I received a derog notification. This is frustrating!!!
Mega Contributor
RobertEG

They have a statutory obligation to make timely update.  FCRA 623(a)(2).

Send them a direct dispute, with the inaccuracy being the failure to comply with their requirement to update their reporting.

That sets a 30-day period for their investigation and resolution of your dispute.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+