Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central States recovery PFD & hippa process for medical collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Central States recovery PFD & hippa process for medical collection

Ok so I have a $29 collection on a medical bill with Central States Recovery. I called them and basically she told me under no circumstances will they remove it if I pay. Ridiculous!!

So, I guess I can do the hippa process to remove it, could someone send me the info for how to do that please?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Central States recovery PFD & hippa process for medical collection

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok so I have a $29 collection on a medical bill with Central States Recovery. I called them and basically she told me under no circumstances will they remove it if I pay. Ridiculous!!

So, I guess I can do the hippa process to remove it, could someone send me the info for how to do that please?

Google the HIPAA Letter Process and follow it exactly as laid out.  If you have problems finding the website or any questions PM me.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried contacting the provider?  

Message 3 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

We cannot discuss the HIPAA Process on this site but as stated you can Google it.

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

just curious, should i really go through the hassle to do all of that for a $29 medical collection? doesn't the new models ignore them?

Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you can get it paid via insurance, you can get it removed without any need for a PFD.

Message 6 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

just curious, should i really go through the hassle to do all of that for a $29 medical collection? doesn't the new models ignore them?

FIco 8 discounts any collection less than 100 and Fico 9 as I understand ignores medicals but no one is using Fico 9 yet and not all use Fico 8, all earlier versions will still take it into consideration. Age of the item may be determining factor as to what your course of action will be and if its updating on a monthly basis or not. If it were mine I would just try the OC to see if they will recall and if not since you already tried the PFD with the CA move on to the final step but thats me.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.