Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certegy and old Reposession

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Certegy and old Reposession

Hi...

I've been paying all my bills on time (almost 3 years) and trying to keep my utilization low I'm at (30%), but my scores are still pretty low. 

I have an old paid off Certegy collection from (4/03) also reported going to a second collection which I sent a letter to showing it was paid and they agreed to remove (Zenith Acquisition)

a reposession that happened in 11/02, but is reported as 1/03, account was a co-sign for my mother and opened in 2/01 with Fairlane Credit.  This was referred to Calvary, but i sent them a (decease letter?) and they could not provide proof so they sent me a letter saying they would remove it from my bureau. 

I'm a little confused, but trying to move towards buying a home for my and my son.  Any help would be helpful.  I was pretty irresponsible for years, then about 3-4 years ago decided to do something about it.  I had a 520 a few years ago and i'm up to 646 equifax and 654 on Transunion.  Thanks.

Does anyone have any advise on how to clear some of these up or what i might be able to do to get them off sooner, especially the reposession?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Certegy and old Reposession

Do you have current CR's directly from the 3CRA's ? If not,use link below , you are entitled to receive one free report every 12mos from each of the 3 CRA's

The account should remain 7- 1/2 years from DOFD, which is the date the account went delinquent and was never caught up,unless your state has a difference time for repossessions. Check your state laws.

Has the SOL for this passed? Is there a removal date or DOFD listed?

If you have a TU report directly from them, it should show a date of removal.

BTW, welcome to the forums. Use the Common Abbreviations link below to  become familiar to the abbreviations used here. Check out the other links below,so you can kind of get the feel on how credit repairing works.

Check back with you later. OH, are those scores Fako's or FICO's?

Message Edited by LIGHTNIN on 08-14-2009 07:05 AM
Message Edited by LIGHTNIN on 08-14-2009 07:05 AM
FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Certegy and old Reposession

If you can, cut and paste exactly what is showing on your CR.  It is easier to give advice.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

need help getting these last few items off my CR, thanks...

Below are the last things i have and am trying to get rid off, please help if you can...i really appreciate it!  I will get a print out of all three reports soon to see when they will be coming off for sure.

Fairlane Credit XXXXXXXX 2/2001 $0 Charged off as bad debt Details

Opened 2/01

Date of last activity 2/03

Closed 1/03

64 monthly $360 payment Charged off as bad debt, profit and loss writeoff $0 balance, $0 past due

FICO TU 654, FICO EQUIFAX 642 (SAME BELOW) Payment historyYour history of paying bills on time. Good Amount of debtYour total amount of outstanding debt. Not Good Length of credit historyHow long you've had credit. Not Good Amount of new creditAmount of credit you've recently obtained or applied for. Bad

Cashco Inc 7279 12/2002 $0 Bad debt/collection Details

Certegy Not Reported 4/2004 $0 120+ days past due D

CASHCO

OPENED 12/02

LAST ACTIVITY 12/02

$117, BALANCE $0 INSTALLMENT, INDIVIDUAL, CHARGED OFF ACCOUNT

BAD DEBT/COLLECTION 1 TIME 90+ DAYS LATE (6/07-WHICH IS WHEN I PAID IT OFF???)

CERTEGY

DATE OPENED 4/04

LAST ACTIVITY 4/04

$999, RETURNED CHECK 120+ DAYS PAST DUE $0 BALANCE

Message 4 of 7
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: need help getting these last few items off my CR, thanks...

It depends if your passed SOL or within your SOL. On how you need to deal with these accts.

If your passed SOL, they are easier to deal with. What state to you live in?

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

i think my SOL is 7 years, i'm in New Mexico...

It's close to going away, i just need to get it to go away sooner rather than later for a job.  Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

i posted some, idk if that'll help, but if you could i would really appreciate it.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.