Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certified Mail Question

tag
bruiseviolet
Frequent Contributor

Certified Mail Question

I have a bunch (30+) letters I am sending out tomorrow.  Some of them are GW, some are PFD, some are DV and most of them are HIPPA.  I realize with the HIPPA that I can throw all the letters in one envelope (because they are spread between two CA's).  Do I need to send the PFD letters CMRRR?  Can I just send them regular first class mail and pay the 70 cents for return receipt request?  I am really trying to save as much money as I can with these, and obviously sending 30+ letters CMRRR at $4 each will cost me much more than I can afford right now- otherwise I might as well skip the PFD's because I won't have the money to PFD because i've spent it all on postage.  Comments, suggestions?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
sobreezy
Contributor

Re: Certified Mail Question

IMHO I would spread out the letters and rank them in order of importance, likelihood to be deleted, or something of your choosing.  Maybe even send out the GWs as just CMRs and focus your efforts on getting the PFDs sent out.

MyFako scores EX 594, EQ 553, TU 589 as of 10 Jun 11
myFICO EQ 614 TU 599 EX 644
Goal 700 by March 30 2015
Message 2 of 4
bruiseviolet
Frequent Contributor

Thanks.  Should the PFD's be sent out CMRRR?  or can I just send them normal first class mail?  I only have the following:

• 3 GW letters (just sending those regular mail and one i am sending email)
  • 1 DV letter (will send this one CMRRR)
  • 5 PFD letters (letters go to 3 different collection agencies)
  • 24 HIPPA letters.  (split between three collection agencies)

PFD i want to do right away- because i have the cash to cover the full/settlement amounts in the letters.  

Message 3 of 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@bruiseviolet wrote:

Thanks.  Should the PFD's be sent out CMRRR?  or can I just send them normal first class mail?  I only have the following:

• 3 GW letters (just sending those regular mail and one i am sending email)
  • 1 DV letter (will send this one CMRRR)
  • 5 PFD letters (letters go to 3 different collection agencies)
  • 24 HIPPA letters.  (split between three collection agencies)

PFD i want to do right away- because i have the cash to cover the full/settlement amounts in the letters.  

No.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.