Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chance for approval? Playstation Capital 1 card

tag
Kizzel00
New Contributor

Chance for approval? Playstation Capital 1 card

Hello! Im putting this in rebuilding because well, im still rebuilding!

Im trying to fill get one real credit card before going into the garden and capital one is who i wanted to do it with. I have their secured card, a couple store cards a discover it secured card and a first access card. My utilization right now is at 21%. I have some baddies that are left that i continue to chip away at. Right now my fico scores are- TU-601, EXP-600, EQU-585. I have had Capital ones secured card for about a year, never missed a payment and at the 6th month mark got the 300 increase. Ive been trying for the quicksilver or the platinum and i keep getting denied Smiley Sad It hurts because it seems like most people get those at this stage. Oh well.. I purchased a new car recently, couldnt get approved through my bank and went through 3 dealerships which obliterated my inquries. Talking about 40+..... I decided to put on last app in last night for the Playstation card, and to my surprise I got the 7-10 message with the possibility of 15 days in some cases. Ive never seen that with capital one, their other products, i either got approved or it always showed declined. So this is new territory for me. Do you think there is a possibility with that message I have a chance? I tried to call the application line this morning and didnt really get anywhere, she stated she sees my declined applications for the platinum and quick silver, but that i simply didnt apply for the playstation one. Which i did, i took a screenshot, but i wasnt going to argue, im guessing it was too soon for everything to show up in the systems or maybe the app was pulled for verification, IDK! Thats why im asking for your wisdom. Should I have any hope? Should I just give up? Any advice on how to navigate this and work with capital one on this would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Re: Chance for approval? Playstation Capital 1 card

Hello,

I am glad you are here and rebuilding your credit. I am doing the same. Discover IT should graduate starting in 7 months if your profile has mproved.With Cap One, I wouldn't app anymore with them if you are denied/approved the Sony card. They pull all 3 CRA and I am sorry about the car dealer issue you had. How long ago you purchased the car? If you dont mind, what baddies do you have? These can hold your score down as well as high UTIL.

@Kizzel00 wrote:

Hello! Im putting this in rebuilding because well, im still rebuilding!

Im trying to fill get one real credit card before going into the garden and capital one is who i wanted to do it with. I have their secured card, a couple store cards a discover it secured card and a first access card. My utilization right now is at 21%. I have some baddies that are left that i continue to chip away at. Right now my fico scores are- TU-601, EXP-600, EQU-585. I have had Capital ones secured card for about a year, never missed a payment and at the 6th month mark got the 300 increase. Ive been trying for the quicksilver or the platinum and i keep getting denied Smiley Sad It hurts because it seems like most people get those at this stage. Oh well.. I purchased a new car recently, couldnt get approved through my bank and went through 3 dealerships which obliterated my inquries. Talking about 40+..... I decided to put on last app in last night for the Playstation card, and to my surprise I got the 7-10 message with the possibility of 15 days in some cases. Ive never seen that with capital one, their other products, i either got approved or it always showed declined. So this is new territory for me. Do you think there is a possibility with that message I have a chance? I tried to call the application line this morning and didnt really get anywhere, she stated she sees my declined applications for the platinum and quick silver, but that i simply didnt apply for the playstation one. Which i did, i took a screenshot, but i wasnt going to argue, im guessing it was too soon for everything to show up in the systems or maybe the app was pulled for verification, IDK! Thats why im asking for your wisdom. Should I have any hope? Should I just give up? Any advice on how to navigate this and work with capital one on this would be appreciated!

Do not worry what other profiles are getting. I too was dreading this last year and it caused me to get lots of useless inquiries and a card I do not like from Comenity. Please hang in there.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to stop apping and settle into the garden, for a year or so. 

You also need to probably work on you baddies. With all the inquiries I doubt you'll get anything worthwhile in the near future. 

Not to mention, you've got plenty of cards at the moment ... use them wisely, pay your bills on time, keep your UTI low. 

Even six months in the garden may raise your score considerably. 

Not knowing the details of your baddies though, this may all just be conjecture. 

Message 3 of 6
Kizzel00
New Contributor

Fair enough! I left that stuff out because my question was more around the notice i received from Capital one but if it helps ill give a bigger picture.

I have:

2 Charge offs, One from First Premiere and one from webbank. Both are paid off.

2 Paid collection accounts

57 Inquiries. Most were from a vehicle i purchased at the beginning of feb. im hoping they all get consolidated like i heard they should.

My AAOA is really low at under 2 years.

I have a student loan, no lates

21% Utilization

All the baddies were showing wrong information, and I made the mistake of disputing them, because when I did it showed as pretty much new delinquent accounts, i did that recently so im waiting for their impact to die off again. All the baddies will be off my report in 2019. I have made all on time payments on all my current cards which have been about a years worth of payments. Let me know if theres anything else you need to know.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with jjking... I wouldn't app for anything else for a while. Those 40+ inquiries are going to diminish your chances of getting any card worthwhile. You have enough cards to garden for a while, plus that Discover secured card will graduate
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Time and patience ... those inquiries are killing you. 

Not to scold you, but again, this is why I always tell rebuilders, get financing IN PLACE before you go car shopping. Those dealers don't care a whit about your score and will inquire you to death just to find a lender. The only people who should be "shopping" for financing at a dealership are those with 720+ credit. 

Settle into the garden, pay your bills, work on goodwill letters. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.