Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances Of Being Approved for US Bank HD Secured CC

tag
dznen1
Regular Contributor

Chances Of Being Approved for US Bank HD Secured CC

Hi, 

From all  I have learned on this forum, I  need three cc cards for a better impact on my scores.  So far, I have just been approved for a Cap One secured cc w/$200; CU Rebuilder loan for $500 and Open Sky for $200.  

I have  app'd for SDFCU but denied because of ChexSys. 

Does anyone know US Bank's  requirements for their Secured HD card.

Presently,  my scores are: EQ 611, TU 559, EX 595.

Thanks for your help. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chances Of Being Approved for US Bank HD Secured CC

If the current accounts have shown up on your reports, then app for cap one unsecured platinum card.
Message 2 of 13
dznen1
Regular Contributor

Even though approved and the $99 security received,  I  haven't  received the Cap One  secured card, yet.  The Open Sky.and loan are already reporting, though.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

As soon as the cap one card hits your reports go apply. You should not need to get a third secured card.
Message 4 of 13
dznen1
Regular Contributor

Wonderful!  Thanks, NormanFH.  Do you know if Cap One will my credit reports again? 

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dznen1 wrote:

Wonderful!  Thanks, NormanFH.  Do you know if Cap One will my credit reports again? 

Yes they will. But thats a necessary part of building/rebuilding.

Message 6 of 13
dznen1
Regular Contributor

NormanFH, I received my Cap One  Platinum Secured card today! So happy. Once I get an alert that it is on my credit reports, I will follow your advice to app for an unsecured card (s). Which ones do you recommend that i should apply  for? 

Thanks so very much. 

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got approved for capital one's platinum card today and my score is lower than yours.  You might want to see if you're preapproved for it instead of getting another secured card. That way, you won't have to worry about whether your secured cards will graduate and you'll for sure have something you can grow with.

Message 8 of 13
dznen1
Regular Contributor

Thanks.  Earlier today, I did  try the pre-qual on their site but the message is that they could not match me with any of their cards.  Should I call? As I said, I haven't been alerted that it is even on my reports, yet.

Suggestions please?

Thanks

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dznen1 wrote:

Thanks.  Earlier today, I did  try the pre-qual on their site but the message is that they could not match me with any of their cards.  Should I call? As I said, I haven't been alerted that it is even on my reports, yet.

Suggestions please?

Thanks

You may get approved outright with an EX score of 595, but I would wait for the accounts to all show up to maximize your chances. Don't worry about the prequal not showing anything at this point. I would app for the Platinum card first, and after the 2nd statement go online and open a chat and request them to add Quicksilver rewards to it. That way you get the rewards without the annual fee.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.