Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChangeIsVital's Credit Repair Journal

tag
changeisvital
Valued Member

ChangeIsVital's Credit Repair Journal

I have been in this community for a little over a month and I think its time for me to start a credit repair journal to hold myself accountable for what I do both good and bad.

To start, I want to say thanks in advance for the encourgement and words of wisdom. I have a lot of work to do but I plan on achieving all of my goal. All suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

My credit score started at 497 as of 12/20/2012. 5 baddies (2 CA's and 3 C/O's). As of yesterday I sent 4 PFD letters with settlement offers; if unable to settle I am prepared to PIF those accounts. I sent a GW letter to my oldest account that was a CO but I PIF about two years ago.

Details of my baddies are as follows:

-American Recovery Systems (Bailey's Powerhouse Gym) CA account, balance: $807

-Enhanced Recovery Corp. (Sprint) CA account, balance $534

-University of Phoenix (Apollo Group) CO account, balance $4165 (they have offered to settle at 50% but I have not confirmed it would be a PFD yet)

-JEA (electric company) CO account, balance $114

-Sunbelt Credit CO account, balance $983

I have student loans that went into default and I have reached out to the Sallie Mae advocate office asking for a GW adjustment since I got back on track and actually started attending school again!!

I still need to GW First Premier but I do not have a contact for them yet. They were settled about two months ago but I didnt sent a PFD letter because I wasnt on these forums yet!

Santander is who my car is financed with. I have had several late payments with them in the last two years but the account is now current. 9x30, 4x60, 2x90 (in the last two years) I know horrible... had a lot of stuff going on.

Positive accounts:

-Vystar Credit Union Credit Card (secured, doesnt report as secured) $1000 limit

-USAA Secured Credit Card $500 limit

-Santander revolving car note $297.02 monthly

Financial Goals:

-Credit score in the 640+

-Purchase my first home

-Obtain 3-4 decent balance unsecured credit cards (balances over $2k)

-Purchase a car with a decent interest rate (8% or lower)

Starting Score: 495 (12/2012)
Current Score: 520 (01-06-2013)
Goal Score: 680

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jetsfan2013
Frequent Contributor

Re: ChangeIsVital's Credit Repair Journal

When you opened accounts with VyStar, did they pull your credit? If not, did you apply for the CC same day you opened accounts?

Road to rebuilding starts soon
Message 2 of 4
changeisvital
Valued Member

I previously had a credit card and bank accounts with Vystar, which is a credit union, and I currently have a checkings and a savings account with them. They did not pull my credit when I requested the secured card.

Starting Score: 495 (12/2012)
Current Score: 520 (01-06-2013)
Goal Score: 680

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 4
pt310
Frequent Contributor

Did you have any luck with JEA? I have the same problem and would love to know if you got it removed. Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.