Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed DOFD?

tag
wildstang
Contributor

Changed DOFD?

Ok this account is really getting to me I think it may have been sold once and now the DOFD doesnt sound right at all. Can they change the DOFD? where can i find out for sure? I know for a fact that the DOFD is wrong, its currently uder dispute with equifax.

Agency Address: 7825 WASHINGTON AVE S # 410

EDINA,MN 55439-2409

(952) 996-0559

Date Reported: 09/2009

Date Assigned: 10/2008

Creditor Classification:

Creditor Name: T MOBILE

Account Number: 170XXXX

Account Owner: Individual Account.

Original Amount Owned: $837

Date of 1 st Delinquency: 08/2007

Balance Date: 09/2009

Balance Owned: $837

Last Payment Date :

Status Date: 09/2009

Comments: Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in progress

Starting Score: 470
Current Score: 610
Goal Score: 600

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Changed DOFD?

Do you have copies of other credit reports showing a different DOFD? If the DOFD has in fact been changed that is considered reaging which is illegal.
Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

DOFD is set, under FCRA 605(c), as a date certain, and can never be updated by any CA,

Go back to your account records with the OC.  Ignore anything that a CA has posted.

Your DOFD is the date of your first 30-day late with the OC that preceeded anything that subsequently transpired,.

Message 3 of 6
wildstang
Contributor

Thanks guys and gals, I guess i will be calling T-mobile and asking some questions. If the collection agency changed it they are going down. My attorney will handle that.

Thanks for all the fast replies.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You really have to watch CA's trust me the "A" does not stand for Agency.Smiley Happy

Good luck and keep us posted.

Message 5 of 6
wildstang
Contributor

Ok so I just checked my recent CR and the CA must have removed it or ex did because the DOFD was changed from 2005 to 2008. They think they can get away with this but not while im here. To all make sure this doesnt happen to you, check with your OC and statements.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.