Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Plans

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Changing Plans

Coulda woulda...

For a secured card, I would do Bank of America's. It DOES graduate. 

Youve got Fingerhut. Do you have a secured Cap1? I can't remember and I'm on my phone. Honestly, I'd get a secured at this point if you don't have one, doesn't matter if it's only $200-300. You'll move to unsecured soon.

If you already do have a secured, you're not gonna like this but just like Citi won't give me a chance, I have to prove myself by waiting. I HATE WAITING. But I am. I want my #^*%+#* Citi card. 

You might have to do the same. But not as long as I have to. Think time frame not score. You've kicked major #*%*^ cleaning. Give yourself a late Christmas, New Year's present and app.

i had to get a secured card to get my foot in the door too. THEN those guys started noticing me. Not Citi, I'm working on that Boo.

Message 11 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap one only offers me Secured
Message 12 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

THATS OK. 

They have the lowest downpayment for a secured card out there. 1 month after I got their secured card, I prequaled for the QS1 and Platinum.

Message 13 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap one only offers me Secured..... Maybe I'll just go secured. .... that's prob all I'll ever be able to get.... or mAybe just do bankruptcy and by the end of the week I'll have a Credit rags to riches story.
Message 14 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

i didnt prequal on their site. but went for secure and then did sq1 same day

its worth a pull imo. if you are planning on filing bk, what do you have to lose?

Message 15 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

What negative marks do you have
Message 16 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most recent was 2 years ago, collection added, actually closer to 3 years now
Message 17 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I've never filed bankruptcy. Have a revolving fingerhut. Have raised my score almost 100 points in 5 months. ... Still no good. I just feel disappointed because other people, also rebuilding, Often starting from a worse point than myself, seem to have better luck. I just have revised my plans to wait a Lot longer to try and do other things that other people do, Often with lower scores. They get unsecuRed cards at 550.... I'm going to wait until about 690 before I app for anything. Not stopping, just waiting. Delaying plans about a year is all. No point in being here hearing about the success of everyone else I never have.

You're looking at things the wrong way. Why is your credit score low? Do you have negative items that present a major risk to creditors? The difference between yourself and those who declared BNK is that they can not file again for seven years. You are showing poor payment patterns and still have the ability to file BNK which is scary to potential banks.

This is the credit game and unfortunately, it takes a lot of patience. I have a dismissed BNK on my file which will sit on my CBR for ten years and I didn't get any benefit from it. 

Just hang in there and things will start going your way. This time last year, I doubt Fingerhut would have given me a card. Join a credit union and see if they will give a secured starter loan to help show more positive payment history on your file and good luck to you.

Message 18 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Meltdown over. ... apped for cap one secured, approved, as expected as always am. .. instead of 200 deposit, 99 deposit. ... Will take offer and open. .... thanks for talking me off the ledge guys. .... #FemaleMonthlyMoment ..... Others talk about refraining from appin while drinking, I need to not think about credit once a month. Sorry for taking my issues out on you all.
Message 19 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

take the secured card. I started 18 months ago with scores in the low 500s. opened 5 secured cards a secured loan. worked on the baddies on my report. Got scores to 740s. Bought a house 13 months after my first ever (I'm 40 years old) positive credit account was opened. 2 of the secured cards (Discover and BOA) have graduated the other 3 have been replaced by cards I honestly never would have dreamed of being able to get. I get preapproved crap in the mail constantly now. Take the secured card, let it report the see what you can get on a prequal. With a file as thin as yours, the score probably matters very little. Lenders are looking for different things, but a file full of on time payments even with maxed out cards is still a file that they can say, "this person pays their bills" where with your only positive account being one check mark per month they don't really have much to go on. Another easy fix is a share secured loan from alliant or another CU. Deposit 500 bucks, set up the loan, then pull 480 or so of the 500 they deposit into your account (your original 500 will be locked up) andmove it back into your account.

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.