Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge Off Due to Fall Of Feb 2015 - Too Early to ask for exclusion

tag
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

Charge Off Due to Fall Of Feb 2015 - Too Early to ask for exclusion

CO due to fall off Feb 2015.....Is it to early to as for an early exclusion from TU, I know EQ and EX probably won't budge, think I have a chance with TU or should I wait until later?

Starting Score: EQ 615 (MyFICO) TU 588 (Walmart) EX 576 (EX Website) Started this journey 06/26/2014
Current Score: EQ 710 (MyFICO) TU 673 (Walmart) TU 726 (MyFICO) EX 706 (MyFICO) As of Sep 2015
Goal Score: 750 or higher across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
olive_oyl
Valued Member

Re: Charge Off Due to Fall Of Feb 2015 - Too Early to ask for exclusion

I called TU about two I have that are due to fall off April '15 and June '15. I'm waiting for the response. EX didn't want to even discuss it but I'm going to call back and maybe I'll get someone willing to help. It doesn't hurt to try.
Message 2 of 19
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

@olive_oyl wrote:
I called TU about two I have that are due to fall off April '15 and June '15. I'm waiting for the response. EX didn't want to even discuss it but I'm going to call back and maybe I'll get someone willing to help. It doesn't hurt to try.

Please let me know how it goes..I hope it works for me too...lol!

Starting Score: EQ 615 (MyFICO) TU 588 (Walmart) EX 576 (EX Website) Started this journey 06/26/2014
Current Score: EQ 710 (MyFICO) TU 673 (Walmart) TU 726 (MyFICO) EX 706 (MyFICO) As of Sep 2015

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

this might be a little late, but how did it go for you? I have 2 C/Os that are set to fall off 3/15 and I have been wanting to ask for a Early Exclusion but been nervous. I was thinking about writing TU a letter asking for a Early Exclusion of the two charge offs. I think the one thing that scares me most is both accounts are from First Premiere and Im scared they will take my request as a dispute and it will open up a can of worms.
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
this might be a little late, but how did it go for you? I have 2 C/Os that are set to fall off 3/15 and I have been wanting to ask for a Early Exclusion but been nervous. I was thinking about writing TU a letter asking for a Early Exclusion of the two charge offs. I think the one thing that scares me most is both accounts are from First Premiere and Im scared they will take my request as a dispute and it will open up a can of worms.

You don't need to mail a letter about it.. You would call until you get someone that will do it.

Message 5 of 19
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Funny you should ask it was deleted last week. I put in the request 8/27/14 and it was completed 9/23/14, I did it via the online dispute request. i just selected too old please remove and they did. I have two more but they are due to fall off until 2018, that may just be a tad to early to request removal. Doing it by phone never worked for me. 

Message 6 of 19
xosamandaxo
Regular Contributor

"Funny you should ask it was deleted last week. I put in the request 8/27/14 and it was completed 9/23/14, I did it via the online dispute request. i just selected too old please remove and they did. I have two more but they are due to fall off until 2018, that may just be a tad to early to request removal. Doing it by phone never worked for me. "

Was that Transunion? I didn't think you could get early deletion with EQ or EX with online methods.

I have 3-4 negative student loan trade lines (now in good standing with other lendors) up for deletion 04/2015 and 05/2015. I have have a credit card charge off due to fall off 10/2015. I plan on calling in Dec/Jan for the school ones, and I'll call about the charge off in June/July. (although would be amazing if they would delete 9 months early)

Message 7 of 19
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@xosamandaxo wrote:

"Funny you should ask it was deleted last week. I put in the request 8/27/14 and it was completed 9/23/14, I did it via the online dispute request. i just selected too old please remove and they did. I have two more but they are due to fall off until 2018, that may just be a tad to early to request removal. Doing it by phone never worked for me. "

Was that Transunion? I didn't think you could get early deletion with EQ or EX with online methods.

I have 3-4 negative student loan trade lines (now in good standing with other lendors) up for deletion 04/2015 and 05/2015. I have have a credit card charge off due to fall off 10/2015. I plan on calling in Dec/Jan for the school ones, and I'll call about the charge off in June/July. (although would be amazing if they would delete 9 months early)

If you do "too old to be on file" you can.

But for the OP, Transunion has deleted 6 months early for me. I had to call a few times and they called my request a dispute (which I didn't mind) and it was done. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 8 of 19
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

@xosamandaxo wrote:

It was via Transunion, EQ and EX are very stubborn and won't budge. 

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called TU today and asked for a early exclusion, and the lady said she doesn't know what I'm talking about. I then asked about an early removal and she said I needed to contact the OC :/

I feel so silly when I call and they tell me no.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.