cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge Off Helo trying to repair for Mortgage!!!!!

tag
omerica

Charge Off Helo trying to repair for Mortgage!!!!!

Hello thanks for you time.

My situation is as follows:

Pulled my report and noticed i had a negative report from Portfolio Recovery. They bought a debt from a dental "Care Credit" (GECRB/CARE) account last year. The original Creditor is also on my CR as a charge off. I have NEVER been notified or contacted on the debt or account or ANYTHING. The OC account was opened in 2007 and it maybe an account i cosigned for an ex (I KNOW WORST DECISION). I never actually signed anyhting they just asked for my info. Anyways my dilema is should i send a Debt Validation to the Collection Agency since im not sure if its legit? Ive red tons of threads/articles/advice and it seems like i should. My concern is "Waking the Giant' since they have never contacted me at all. But i need it removed so i suppose i have no other option. If i contact them and they send me the BS response (acct #, name, amount owed, OC name...). My next question is what should i do fight it or pay either full or settle? If i end up paying can i do something to try and get the OC to remove there CO from my CR? Any insight or advice. THANKS!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Charge Off Helo trying to repair for Mortgage!!!!!

I'd DV it. If they verify and you agree, then send a PFD. If you don't agree, then ask for more info like agreement copies, accounting copies, etc. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.