Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge Off Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge Off Help

I have 2 chargeoffs.

1) Major utility bill for $132. It was last delinquent in 7/1998 and was charged off in 11/2002. It is on my TU and Ex reports and was last report 2/2003.

2) Old college bill (non-student loan issue) for $111. It was last delinquent in 2/2002 and charged off in 02/2004. It is only on my Ex report and last reported in 10/2004.

I know cant DV the OC. Is my only option on these 2 accounts PFD?

Thanks... Bubba
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge Off Help

If the DOFD on the utility bill was 1998..you should dispute it..it should not be on there...dispute it as re-aging...if the other is with a CA...send a DV...if not you can't DV...unless you dispute it with the CRA...and it comes back verified..then send the OC DV letter...but try to contact the OC..and see if they will PFD...
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge Off Help

Thanks for the response sly. Is is the DOFD or the date they charged off? My credit report says it will fall off on 10/2009 which is 7 years from the date of write off.

Both are with the OC so I will definately do a PFD with the one only 4 years old.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.