Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge-Off High Balance Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge-Off High Balance Question

A CO on my EQ file is not showing any high balance and is only showing the past due amount, charge off amount & balance amount. (All are $2200). The account's high credit limit (lease amount) was $28,000 but they are just showing "N/A".

Question is, would it look "better" on my credit report if it were to show the high credit limit.. for utilization purposes? Or is it all just the same "NEGATIVE". ?

I'm constantly disputing and going back and forth with this company and am at wits end. CFPB hasn't done anything to help as of yet.. but I just disputed the Company's response, so maybe just maybe I will get something corrected here. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge-Off High Balance Question

No, it would not make a difference. A CO is not an open account. Only open accounts factor into your overal credit limit, however the unpaid balance DOES factor into your UTI% if it was revolving account.

I think you are beating your head against a wall with this one.

Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If it is a lease and not a revolving line of credit, it is not scored with a % util.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. And yes, I think I am beating my head against a wall with this one. I am determined to get this corrected but no one is budging. Everything about the reporting is wrong. And they update the CO every single month which is killing me!! In fact, they have updated it multiple times in one month.. is that even legal?

Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you. And yes, I think I am beating my head against a wall with this one. I am determined to get this corrected but no one is budging. Everything about the reporting is wrong. And they update the CO every single month which is killing me!! In fact, they have updated it multiple times in one month.. is that even legal?

If they are willing to pay the CRA charges they could update it every day, nothing illegal about reporting more than once in a month.

Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The courts are always available if you need to obtain additonal evidence or an objective determination.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.