Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge Off---Need lots of advice

tag
rainbowbrite
Established Member

Charge Off---Need lots of advice

Hi, I paid 15,000 after a Charge off in 7/10.  My credit report is saying charge off and it reported ND for 5/10-7/10. and a charge off 8/10-9/10 and has not reported anything after that time.  It was paid in full and it does not show it was paid just a charge off amount. 

Shouldn't it say paid in full?

What should the recent balance be reported as?

Isn't this not accurate so shouldn't i have some loop hole to get it to report correctly?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Charge Off---Need lots of advice

@rainbowbrite wrote:

Hi, I paid 15,000 after a Charge off in 7/10.  My credit report is saying charge off and it reported ND for 5/10-7/10. and a charge off 8/10-9/10 and has not reported anything after that time.  It was paid in full and it does not show it was paid just a charge off amount. 

Shouldn't it say paid in full?

What should the recent balance be reported as?

Isn't this not accurate so shouldn't i have some loop hole to get it to report correctly?

Thanks

What does it say on the comments line of the TL?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 7
rainbowbrite
Established Member

Hi,

It says

thanks

Message 3 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The reporting of the CO itself will stand unless you get GW deletion.  However, once you pay any debt, charged-off nor not, the creditor must update your credit file to record (1) a current balance of $0, and (2) a corrent status of paid.  The current status must be reported as paid, regardless of whether it was a PIF or a settlement for less.

Paid means satisfied.  If settled for less, that is separately reported by a special comment of paid for less.  Paid in full is inferred by a current status of paid, and the absence of a special comment reporting that payment was for less than the full amount.  There is no Paid in Full current status.

No loop hole needed to get it reported correctly.  Any party who has reported information to your credit file has a statutory requirement under FCRA 623(a) to timely report any information necessary to maintain the accuracy of their reported information.  You can call and remind them of their obligation.  If informal attempts fail, you can dispute the accuracy of their reporting either by way of a dispute through the CRA or by way of direct dispute.

Inaccuracy in their current reporting, however, does not require them to delete the reporting.  Response to any dispute over accuracy of reporting can always be to update the reporting.  Deletion is only mandated if they cant verify the accuracy of what is needed to correct the informationl

Message 4 of 7
rainbowbrite
Established Member

thank you, i will call them tomorrow and ask for it to state paid.

Would that be next to charged-off?

it does say $0 balance but that could be misleading concerning it says charged off written off to creditors.

thanks for the help after this then I will do a GW to see if they will put this paid account in good standing.

thanks

shan

Message 5 of 7
rainbowbrite
Established Member

oops one more question should I call chrysler or the lawyer fot chyrsler?

Message 6 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.