Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge Off Removed (Trans Union)

tag
airborne07
Valued Member

Charge Off Removed (Trans Union)

Recenlty I have got a USAA Charge OFF removed from my report.  This was off of Trans Union.  Now I have to deal with the other 2, Equifax and Experian.  Had to dispute a second time around.  I contacted USAA  reagrding the debt.  The first time around they set me a bunch of unneccesary paperwork.  I then sent them another letter.  This time they did not repsond at all.  From there I filed a dispute with the agencies.  I sent the agencies copies of everything I sent to USAA as well as tracking information to prove USAA recieved my letters.   Trans Union immiedatly deleted the account from my report.  I guess one is better than none.  I will not quit until the credit berues do thier job and properly handle the matter.  Very fustrating.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Charge Off Removed (Trans Union)

Was the charge-off found to actually be inaccurate, which would be very rare, or did the creditor agree to delete from one CRA as a grant of good-will?

The fact that it was deleted after filing a dispute does not necessarily mean that the CRA deleted.  Upon receiving the dispute for their investigation, the creditor may have chosen to simply report deletion with the one CRA, leaving the factual issue unresolved.

Did you ever receive a Notice of Results of Reinvestigation from TU that stated that THEY deleted based on a finding in your favor, or did the CO simply disappear?

When you disputed with the other CRAs, what was the inaccuracy that was asserted, and what was your supporting documentation?

What was their finding in their formal Notice of Results of REinvestigation?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.