Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge Off Showing up on multiple dates

tag
Vwaller72
Valued Member

Charge Off Showing up on multiple dates

Back in 2007 one of my kids had a serious medical issue and I defaulted on nearly everything I had credit n due to medical bills.

Fast forward to today and with the help of this forum I have broughT my credit up for the 530's to over 630 since October (EQ FICO). However, it would be even higher if a couple of accounts weren't showing their Charge Off dates at multiple instances. I have an account that was charged off in June of 2009. I contacted them to try and do a PFD but they said the debt was sold to a collection agency.  The problem is on my report they show the CO on 6/2009 then again on 10/10 then again on 8/12. I have not been late on anything since 2009 however the credt agency says my last late payment was 4 months ago. The only negative in that timeframe would be  that CO. I have one other account doing roughly the same thing only they reported the charge off every month for 7 months so instead of the first month, which would make it over 24 months old, the agency is picking up the last month with is 1.2 years old. It makes it appear I've been late recently from the report stand point when I'm actually over 2 years since I've been late on anything.

i have two car loans and 2 Cap 1 cards all with perfect payment records (the oldest car loan over 2 years old). I did a simulate your score and I would be close to 700 f that is accurate at 24 months with no lates. Is there some way to get those reporting properly? Disputing them online hasn't worked but I think that's because this is how it is being reported by those 2 creditors. 

Is there anything I can do to get these corrected?

Thanks in advance!

Current scores EX: 678 (lender pull), MyFICO TU: 696 & EQ: 664
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Charge Off Showing up on multiple dates

A CA can't report lates.

Are they reporting multiple TLs for the same debt?

Message 2 of 4
Vwaller72
Valued Member

No, they are showing multiple Charge Off dates. 

When you look at the payment history grid you see the CO on the month the debt was charged off. In the case of these it is showing up on the actual charge off date then again a year later then again 3 years later. It is causing my report to reflect a "new" ding 4 months ago when the ding is actually more than 3 years old. It's all on the same record however. 

Message 3 of 4
Vwaller72
Valued Member

As a follow up for anyone else experiencing this problem. I called Equifax and they had me call CSC. They agreed this doesn't look right and opened a dispute to correct on both accounts. Now I just have to try and find a way to talk to live people at TU and Experian as submitting the dispute online doesn't seem to work. It needs to be explained to a live person. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.