Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge Off Status - What do I do now?

tag
Talco850
Established Member

Charge Off Status - What do I do now?

I currently have a charge off status on my Citibank Amex card. It has been saying that I am past due over 150 days and when I contacted them about this they said that even though I am paying their hired Collection Agency (Alliance One) that I have a past due amount that is being reported. Can anyone give me advice on how to approach this sitution? I have been paying the collection agaency every month as I agreed to with them. I'm not sure of what I can do from here. Can I contact Citibank and work out something with them to stop the account from reporting as delinquent? I don't have the full amount to pay for the delinquency but I can pay it in 2 - 3 installments. If anyone has any advice of where I should start it would be very helpful. Thanks!

DofD = October 2013

CO Status as of February 2015

Has no info about last activity

I pay Alliance One (Collection Agency hired by Citibank) every month

Balance and deliquency still appear from OC not Collection Agency

Starting Score: 548
Current Score: 548
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Charge Off Status - What do I do now?

The account remains delinquent until the full amount of the delinquency has been paid.

If you have agreed to payment terms with their debt collector, you are bound by those terms.

You can request a good-will deletion of the charge off from the OC and of the collection from the debt collector once the debt has been paid.

Until that time, you are apparently under a contract.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.