Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge Off Update!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge Off Update!!

So a few weeks back I had posted that I mailed out goodwill letters to the bank that I have a C/O through. Basically, I had acquired so many overdraft fees that there was no way that I would ever be able to get back into the positive, as such, my checking account was charged off. On top of GW letters I decided that it couldn't hurt to go into the bank branch where I opened the account and see if there was anything they could do. The assistant branch manager said she would make some calls. Well, the next day she called me and had me call her contact at the bank's headquarters. I called the guy and he basically stated that there was really nothing that he could do. He had reminded me twice that the phone call was on a recorded line, which I thought was odd.

Fast forward to today: It's been a few weeks since I spoke to the gentleman at the corporate headquarters. I had written this account off and basically said "oh well, I guess I will have to live with my mistake for a while longer." That was until I checked my mail today!! In my mailbox was a letter from the gentleman that I spoke to. He said that he is required to report to the three buraeus, BUT he has changed my account status from C/O to PAID IN FULL - CLOSED AT CONSUMER'S REQUEST. I about died. I couldn't believe it. Just when I thought that all hope was lost, this nice soul did me the biggest favor. I now have only one negative that is due to fall off in about 3 months!

Persistance pays off! 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge Off Update!!

Way to go....
Message 2 of 6
cabner
New Contributor

Congrats!

Starting Scores 12/28/2014: TU: 599 EX: 599 EQ: 568

Current Scores: TU: 675 EX: 664 EQ: 620
Message 3 of 6
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Your efforts paid off. Congrats!

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Nicely done, grats Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! That's awesome!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.