cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge-Off deleted - Equifax "Credit Watch" didn't notify me??????

tag
mystro9876
Regular Contributor

Re: Charge-Off deleted - Equifax "Credit Watch" didn't notify me??????

WOW...Amazing stuff, llecs.  I can officially say I am a smarter person after reading your post.

Well, this I do know....I had a remaining balance on the account for $51 since 2005.  When I ran my first credit report ever in 2009, I saw I had this remaining balance and thought the most prudent thing to do was pay it off (at the time it became derrogatory, I was in college, didn't have a pot to piss in).   So in June 2009, I made the final payment, but after really researching how credit scoring works,  I was under the impression that I "re-activated" the account. (BTW, TU was reporting as a collection account, EX and EQ, as a charge-off directly from OC).  I sent out a letter a couple weeks ago to a manager at Allied Data Systems and pretty much told him , "I thought I was doing a good thing my paying off my debt, but my credit report/score is worse now, is there anything you can do?".  Two weeks later, the trade line was deleted (Which I requested in the letter). 

I mean I have such a low score, and after this, nothing really derogatory/delinquent on my account except for a Collection account. This month I plan on getting my utilization under 10%, so we shall see how that affects my score.

As for the AAoA, do closed accounts factor into AAoA?  I opened the account in 2002, and it became delinquent in 2005.  It was listed under "Closed Accounts" within the EQ Credit report , along with 4 other closed accounts that were all in good standing.  All my accounts (closed and open) have been open between 2000-2005.  I really don't think it had much impact on my AAoA.

What do you think?

Message 11 of 17
anh2lua
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The same thing happened to me also. Score watch sent me an alert that I exceeded my target goal but it did not show any activity for collections acounts. I had to use my credit report again to see that a charge off was deleted. Unfortunately it's still being reported by the CA though but it gave me a 70 point increase from the one delete alone. Im still happy and that happened last week.lol

I know this is old thread, but I really want to know how much gain in points (how many point) if a 4 yrs old charge off is removed?

FICO scores Experian: 693; Equifax: 656; TransUnion: 707

Goal: 700+ on at least two reports
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@anh2lua wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The same thing happened to me also. Score watch sent me an alert that I exceeded my target goal but it did not show any activity for collections acounts. I had to use my credit report again to see that a charge off was deleted. Unfortunately it's still being reported by the CA though but it gave me a 70 point increase from the one delete alone. Im still happy and that happened last week.lol

I know this is old thread, but I really want to know how much gain in points (how many point) if a 4 yrs old charge off is removed?

It is absolutely impossible to know this.  Sometimes, you may see no change.  Sometimes, it could lower your score.  If it is your last and only derogatory, you should see a big jump.  If you have other newer charge offs, you probably won't see much change, but who knows.  There is no formula for figuring this stuff out.

Message 13 of 17
anh2lua
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@anh2lua wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It is absolutely impossible to know this.  Sometimes, you may see no change.  Sometimes, it could lower your score.  If it is your last and only derogatory, you should see a big jump.  If you have other newer charge offs, you probably won't see much change, but who knows.  There is no formula for figuring this stuff out.

That is the only charged-off on my reports.  Another negative item is the short sale.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@anh2lua wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@anh2lua wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That is the only charged-off on my reports.  Another negative item is the short sale.

I don't know much about mortage stuff, but I think a short sale is just as bad as a charge-off for FICO scoring.  If I had to just take a wild guess, I would expect you to see a small point gain.  Is your short sale newer or older than the CO?  If it is newer, the increase will likely be minimal.

I had a bunch of COs removed from my TU report but my score barely moved just because there are a couple left, and the removed ones were the oldest.

Message 15 of 17
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

Just had a CO removed and it lowered my score by 6 points.... I lost like 2 years of credit history... Oh well, I will take the 6 points off...

Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 17
anh2lua
New Contributor

@bridgetkaryn wrote:

Just had a CO removed and it lowered my score by 6 points.... I lost like 2 years of credit history... Oh well, I will take the 6 points off...

oh wow, I better not pay and hide from them until I closed the deal.  I don't want my score to drop, not even 1 point :-)

The short sale is newer than the charged off.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.