Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge Off showing late 27 times?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge Off showing late 27 times?

@ScottL wrote:

so what i have heard generally is that a charge off vs. paid charge off doesnt usually help your credit score at all.  But it may help when a loan gets manually underwriten.

But in this scenario, this account showing paid (even if settled) should help out quite a bit.  I just did the math, and even if I have every credit card I own down to a $0 balance, i will still be at 50% UTI because of this reporting.  So once this is paid and to a $0 balance, i should actually see a credit score bump i would think?

Yes, that one is hitting your UTI pretty hard. You should get some immediate score luv from it reporting zero balance.

Message 11 of 14
ScottL
New Contributor

that is what I was thinking. The $5400 is hurting me quite a bit.  I may try and pay off this settlement early ($141 for 12 months = $1700 for settlement).  If I cannot do something about it earlier if they are breakign some rules.... i keep searching google and havent found anything yet.

Starting Score: 498 (Jan 2013)
Current FICO 8: 687 EQ, 683 TU, 700 EX
Goal Score: 680
Message 12 of 14
ScottL
New Contributor

I just called Experian and talked to a rep. basically what he told me was it is not 27 different individual late payments, they just update my current status of 180 days late every month.  so i am 180 days late and every month they report it as 180 days late.

Starting Score: 498 (Jan 2013)
Current FICO 8: 687 EQ, 683 TU, 700 EX
Goal Score: 680
Message 13 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Hi there OP, I have removed your cross posted topic on this from the General Credit Forum. Our TOS doesnt allow same topics to be posted in multiple forums so please refrain from doing this in the future. I thank you for your understanding.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.