Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge-Offs Removed From EQ, TU, But NOT EX

tag
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Charge-Offs Removed From EQ, TU, But NOT EX

I have had 3 old Charge-off CC accounts, all CAP1 by the way, that just dropped of my EQ and TU reports all on their own once account went past SOL. The same 3 accounts are still listed on my EX report as of today. Is EX just slow in removing these or they are known for not removing? Anything I can do with EX to get them removed?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge-Offs Removed From EQ, TU, But NOT EX

If they removed the CO, it was probably from all 3, one is most likely just slower to report.  I would wait.

Message 2 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@AutoBot wrote:

I have had 3 old Charge-off CC accounts, all CAP1 by the way, that just dropped of my EQ and TU reports all on their own once account went past SOL. The same 3 accounts are still listed on my EX report as of today. Is EX just slow in removing these or they are known for not removing? Anything I can do with EX to get them removed?

If these are accounts that have reached their scheduled drop off dates then EX will remove them on the first weekend of the next month, the other 2 remove them on the exact day.

Message 3 of 19
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What is the DOFD on each account?

Perhaps the creditor deleted their own reporting, and the COs were not excluded by the CRAs.

If they are at or near their exclusion dates, it is very common for items to become excluded at different times with the three CRAs.

While the maximum period for a given type or derog is set under the FCRA, the CRAs routinely give themselves a bit of a cushion, and do theor own standard early exclusion at approx 7 years for charge-offs and collections rather than waiting for the full stautory max or 7 years plus 180 days.

Message 4 of 19
AutoBot
Established Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

What is the DOFD on each account?

Perhaps the creditor deleted their own reporting, and the COs were not excluded by the CRAs.

If they are at or near their exclusion dates, it is very common for items to become excluded at different times with the three CRAs.

While the maximum period for a given type or derog is set under the FCRA, the CRAs routinely give themselves a bit of a cushion, and do theor own standard early exclusion at approx 7 years for charge-offs and collections rather than waiting for the full stautory max or 7 years plus 180 days.

DOFD is 11/2012. Technically, these COs should not really have come off until sometime in 2019. Dropping off now on their own has me scratching my head.

Message 5 of 19
AutoBot
Established Contributor

I just got my Experian paper copy in the mail this afternoon. These 3 CO (CAP1) accounts that all say "Purchased by another lender" in comment section, but no date listed when they will drop off. The other accounts say something like, "This account is scheduled to continue on record until xxxxx."

It sure would be nice if Experian followed EQ and TU on removing these.

Message 6 of 19
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Then they were likely not excluded by the CRA, but rather, for some reason, the creditor chose to voluntarily delete from two of the CRAs.

That has the advantage of removing any need to review the account for updates, or to address any possible disputes.

If deletion with the other CRA is desired, I would contact the creditor and request that that report deletion to the third CRA,

Deletion is discretionary on their part.

Message 7 of 19
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Maybe it's just a timing issue as was suggested earlier. It seems odd for the OC to delete from 2 but not all 3 CRAs.

Message 8 of 19
txbusted
Contributor

Congrats on 2 coming off and I agree I would just wait as sometimes EX is VERY slow to update things. A word of possible caution. The last time this happened to me I was excited but a month later they reappeared because they were sold to another lender and my scores went down about 10 pts each. 

myFICO's : EQ: 643 // TU: 635// EXP:645

WALLET: Victoria Secret $650 | Simply Be $850 | BOA Cash Rewards $300 I Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $4k |Chase Freedom $2.2k l Full Beauty $450 l Woman Within $450 l Wayfair $1.2k l Citi Double Cash $700 l Game Stop $300l Overstock $1K l Lane Bryant $300 l Ulta $750 l Walmart $700 l Target Red $1k
Amazon Chase $1k l Kohls $300
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

The same exact thing just happen to me except I had two  Cap one  charge off removed from TU and EQ and not EX. Also still show a third cap one settled for less than full on all three Tu, Eq, and Ex.. keep on updating us you are not alone..

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.