Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge off Deletions

tag
johnosonc
Valued Member

Re: Charge off Deletions

Is it better to send requests to the bureaus for deletion or to the original creditors?

Starting Score: 585
Current Score: 670
Goal ScoreSmiley Embarassed 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 18
aquatic1
Established Contributor

Congrats on being able to pay your debts off.  Try Google to get the names of execs at each OC.  You can sometimes figure out how to send things by email by simply writing the email like firstname.lastname@company name.  If you still have online access to your old account you may want to try to send a email that way.  Also try planetfeedback.com.  If you type in the name of the company here on this site you may come up with a post that has contact information dealing with a gw success. Don't give up trying!

good luck

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Message 12 of 18
TugChris
Valued Member

I had a bad account with Chase (90 days late and charged-off) and I sent a GW to them as well as a dispute with the CRA's and Chase deleted the whole account. Granted it only gave me a couple point boost (cause it was from 2004) but still, it was worth it.

Good Luck!! 

12/12/2009: TU 607 EQ 589
03/24/2010Smiley Sadvia lender) EX 688
04/01/2010: TU 718 EQ 717
Message 13 of 18
johnosonc
Valued Member

Can you send me a sample of the letter and tell me exactly where you sent it?

Message 14 of 18
johnosonc
Valued Member

I actually have a 3 credit cards and a secured card, a mortgage, and a car loan but my score is being hit hard by these items.  Has anyone had any luck with goodwill letters to any one or should I just keep disputing through the credit bureaus?

Message 15 of 18
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@johnosonc wrote:
Can you send me a sample of the letter and tell me exactly where you sent it?

No one elses GW letter will work for your particular situation.

Just keep a couple things in mind.  When writing to a top exec, keep it short & to the point. Always include, either at the top after your address & such, or at the bottom after yourname....the associated acct#

dear mr or Ms. bla bla, 

I know your time is valuable, so I will be short & to the point....

back in bla bla (month/year) I was going thru bla bla bla.  got behind.....but caught up.

I'm now in need of (whatever...car, $$ for school, whatever it is) andI'm afraid this recent derogatory notation may keep me from getting what I need <--(word this differently, obviously)

Just be up front & honest.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 16 of 18
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Wow, Congrats to you on paying off your CO's!!

That way you dont have to worry about a CA coming after you for the balances.

Also it will look better on a manual review, that you paid in full rather then settled for less.

This may help......I had a CO with Chase in 2003, settled with CA in 2006

Started checking CR's and CS's in 2008 and poof Chase was gone from my CR's.

Why  I dont know. Smiley Tongue

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 17 of 18
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I agree LIGHTNIN.  I paid mine off before I found this site, but having them paid off back in 04 & 05 made it easier when I found out about GW letters.
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.