Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge off Question...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge off Question...

So I have a charge off on my reports for a unsecured personal loan through my local bank. My questions is, after something goes into "charge off" can there still be late marks after it was noted as a charge off?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Charge off Question...

Yes.

A CO is an accounting measure that moves a debt in an accounting ledger from a receivalbe asset to a not expected to be paid bad debt.

It does not relieve the consumer of contnued obligation for and payment of the debt, including the accrual of continued delinquencies.

Some creditors, particularly for credit card debt that may require continued billing in order to establish continued, reportable delqinquencies, will stop reporting additional delinquencies once they do a CO, but are not precluded from doing so. 

Installmlent loans have preset and known monthly payments and dont require explicit, continued monthly billing that apprises of the current revolving balance and payment due, and thus have less restriction on continued escalation of reported delinquency.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge off Question...

Awesome! Thank you so much!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.