Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge off Reporting after Bankruptcy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge off Reporting after Bankruptcy

I have an account charged off in March of 2014 through Fingerhut. I included the account in my bankruptcy. It was sold to a collection agency and the collection agency has since removed the account from my report because I included them in my bankruptcy, as well. Any advice on how to get the charged off account removed? I disputed it with the CRA but it came back with no change. I have since received a letter from Fingerhut that says my account was sold to another lender, with the lender's information. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Charge off Reporting after Bankruptcy

@Anonymous wrote:

I have an account charged off in March of 2014 through Fingerhut. I included the account in my bankruptcy. It was sold to a collection agency and the collection agency has since removed the account from my report because I included them in my bankruptcy, as well. Any advice on how to get the charged off account removed? I disputed it with the CRA but it came back with no change. I have since received a letter from Fingerhut that says my account was sold to another lender, with the lender's information. 

It needs to be reporting as CO, 0 balance, IIB with status date of the same month you filed your BK there can be no CO or lates after that month. If its in error and the CRA has refused to change it I would suggest you contact your BK Trustee or file a complaint with the CFPB.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Charge off Reporting after Bankruptcy

OC accounts are not removed/deleted unless the creditor chooses to report deletion of the account, or unless deleted by the CRA as a housekeeping measure after being closed for approx 10 years.

The account can no longer show a debt due, so as stated must have been updated to show $0 debt balance.

You can contact the creditor and request their GW deletion.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.