Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge off account help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge off account help!

I have paid off $40K of $45K credit card debt in 2 years. I have one credit card left which has been charged off. I know it's the worst thing to have on your credit report. I can pay this off in full but before I do it can I negotiate it with the collectors to have this account deleted or updated to something favorable than "charge off" or am I just pretty much stuck with it for years to come? anyone that has dealt with this type of issue please share with me. thanks!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Charge off account help!

Welcome to the forums.

Does this CO have an associated collection account with it?

If it does and you go through the collection agency, it will only remove their tradeline.  The OC would remain.

Once paid you could send the OC a GW letter and ask for them to remove it.

What is the DOFD of the account?  What is the SOL where you live?

What you are asking about is a PFD, pay for delete.  It can be done.

@Anonymous wrote:
I have paid off $40K of $45K credit card debt in 2 years. I have one credit card left which has been charged off. I know it's the worst thing to have on your credit report. I can pay this off in full but before I do it can I negotiate it with the collectors to have this account deleted or updated to something favorable than "charge off" or am I just pretty much stuck with it for years to come? anyone that has dealt with this type of issue please share with me. thanks!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.