Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge off accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge off accounts

(Mods if I'm posting this in the wrong forum I apologize and please move it for me)

Hello all,

i had 2 HSBC charge off accounts many years ago. They were sold to Porfolio as bad debt, and last August they sent me two letters stating that they are no longer after these accounts as they're aged out. They also mentioned that they will file an electronic request to remove them with all 3 CAs. Equifax was the first one to clear out, then followed by Exp for just one of them, and lastly Transunion never did. So I contacted Transunion a few days ago, they agreed to remove both and even a few HPs for me for other reasons. Now I only have EX reporting one HSBC so I also contacted them, they told me I have to reach out to Porfolio again for another request. So they did, and EX got it but now they're saying HSBC is the one reporting this account not Porfolio. On my EX file, it's clearly stated that it's old and belonged to Porfolio. And they did all that they can from their part to help me out. So what am I supposed to do now? It's been 9 years, they are definitely not supposed to be on my credit file anymore. What can I do? I have the letters from Porfolion and I even uploaded to EXP. 

any suggestions wouldd be greatly appreciate...

thanks,

tommy

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge off accounts

@Anonymous wrote:

(Mods if I'm posting this in the wrong forum I apologize and please move it for me)

Hello all,

i had 2 HSBC charge off accounts many years ago. They were sold to Porfolio as bad debt, and last August they sent me two letters stating that they are no longer after these accounts as they're aged out. They also mentioned that they will file an electronic request to remove them with all 3 CAs. Equifax was the first one to clear out, then followed by Exp for just one of them, and lastly Transunion never did. So I contacted Transunion a few days ago, they agreed to remove both and even a few HPs for me for other reasons. Now I only have EX reporting one HSBC so I also contacted them, they told me I have to reach out to Porfolio again for another request. So they did, and EX got it but now they're saying HSBC is the one reporting this account not Porfolio. On my EX file, it's clearly stated that it's old and belonged to Porfolio. And they did all that they can from their part to help me out. So what am I supposed to do now? It's been 9 years, they are definitely not supposed to be on my credit file anymore. What can I do? I have the letters from Porfolion and I even uploaded to EXP. 

any suggestions wouldd be greatly appreciate...

thanks,

tommy

Can you do a screenshot to show exactly how this is reporting?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, absolutely...thank you for your reply =)

HSBC1.png

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC2.png

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.