Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge off after bk

tag
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Charge off after bk

Don't worry about Verizon right now because if it was included in bankruptcy then it's about to fall off your credit report. Anything that was discharged thru the BK should be aging off by October.

The CA can't negotiate a PFD on behalf of Chase. 2 different companies.

Work on getting the tax liens removed... definitely wait to see what happens next month.

Find a good broker in your area that deals with many lenders. They'll have a little more flexibility. Show them your report after everything is removed that can possibly be removed and ask them what score you need to get thru automated underwriting. Don't do this until the CO is showing paid and the other baddies have been fixed to the best of your ability.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 11 of 21
Chadius
Contributor

I filed BK in 2012. Will this Fall be long enough for discharge items to fall off?

So question about the big charge off. Pay it full, and do not settle correct? Try for a PFD, but at least get it paid if I can't get it removed?

Yes, I am intently watching my reports for July. IRS liens are gone. (using the form for withdrawal)

Your last paragraph is exactly what I was looking for. Let them pull my credit at the point?

Message 12 of 21
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Sorry, I don't know what I was thinking with the BK stuff falling off. Have you pulled your reports from annualcreditreport.com to check the DOFD? Depending on when you started to let things default will determine when they fall off. It's not necessarily from when you filed BK since most people have already begun to default prior to filing.

If the CA is reporting to the CRA then you can attempt a PFD for the collection only but not Chase. If they haven't reported yet then attempt a "pay to not report" which basically is an agreement that they will not report the collection if you pay them. If Chase is still reporting a balance then it will look better for manual underwriting if Chase does not report it as settled for less. If Chase is reporting a $0 balance then you can settle for less if the CA agrees not to report...sorry I can't go back and look at your original post.

I would let the broker go ahead and pull your credit once everything is where you want it to be, that way he can see your scores and the report. I would look into FHA. The higher over 660 you can get on your middle mortgage score, the better. Also, having reserves will help too. Automated underwriting will look at the big picture.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 13 of 21
Chadius
Contributor

Yep. I have all three reports. Experian seems to have better information than the others. (or better displayed)

Seems like most of my BK items go away summer 2019, which makes sense due to when I filed BK.

CA is not reporting to any CRA. Chase is still reporting a balance from when they sold my truck, October 2015.

Will do. I will talk with MRS (the CA for Chase), and see about the optijons you spoke of above.

Thanks for your help! (and everyone else's help)

Message 14 of 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Was the truck loan initiated prior to the filing of BK?

Message 15 of 21
Chadius
Contributor

No. I got the truck loan auto 2013. My wife got the loan, with me being Co signer.
Message 16 of 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Chadius wrote:
No. I got the truck loan auto 2013. My wife got the loan, with me being Co signer.

Ah ok, thx.

Message 17 of 21
Chadius
Contributor

I had previously emailed the CEO for Jp Morgan Chase. (last week) One of his lower level account people contacted me today. They said we cannot change a properly reporting credit tradeline. We also cannot help you, as the account is now with M.R.S. She gave me two contacts with that company, and said they will work with me.

So problem there is, Chase is reporting a balance, MRS isn't reporting at all. If I pay in full or partial with MRS: they could start reporting or just update Chase with the info.

So the other poster who said I should do a Pay for not reporting, is what I will try. Should I speak with the contacts first or wait until I am ready to pay, and type a PFD letter (or PFNR) and send it to them?

I also called the collection agency who said they have my Verizon account. They told me that Verizon pulled hte account back from them this spring. So I have no idea why they did that. But they are IIB and are reporting a balance on one report.

All of my other IIB accounts, all fall off report between June-Sept 2019. All the other accounts report correctly.

So it seems the one poster is correct in that my profile is thin for now. It will be more seasoned after next spring because of 12+ payments to multiple accounts on time.

Message 18 of 21
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Wait until you have the money to pay it but if it's within the SOL, be prepared to make an agreement if they attempt to sue.

For mortgage purposes, you need to show that whatever caused you to become delinquent has been rectified. If you were living beyond your means etc and not prepared for emergency situations, show how you've fixed this. Have reserves and money going into savings every month to show that not only do you have money for emergencies, but you have extra income in case something like this were to ever happen again. Explain how you've learned from the experience etc.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 19 of 21
Chadius
Contributor

That makes sense. I have been buidling reserves. I have a savings account at two banks, one I can't touch unless I go there. It is in another state. So I am documenting savings. One is for emergency and other down payment/closing costs.

I've read that they sometimes will pull from your renting or utilitie payments, to show paying on time etc. How do they need it documented? Can my landlord of 4 years, draft a letter saying I pay this amount monthly? Because I have never paid with checks. Only a couple times with money orders. Mostly cash. The utility companies are paid with my bank account. So I could show them being paid. These would be to help a "thin" credit profile, correct?

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.