Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge off and revolving account

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Charge off and revolving account

Can a credit card 'Closed at the creditor's request' be counting towards my revolving amount?

The credit card account was closed and is still with the OC and i'm paying on it every month. The limit is being reported. The same thing with my BOA (nearly paid off)

When I add the total amount revolving, it doesnt add up. I'm confused as to what EQ is using to determin that my volving account is $X

I have 3 credit cards still open with a combined balance of $10 on a CL of $1900. So shouldn't my revolving balance be $10?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Charge off and revolving account

If the limit and the balance are being reported it is counting in utilization.

If the limit is reported but not the balance it is not calculated.

Message 2 of 5
CS800
Super Contributor

The weird part is that the limits are being reported and the balance also on all the cards that were either:

- Closed at customers request or (3 cards)

- Closed at creditors request (1 card)

So when I look at my credit report 4 times a year, i notice that they are all reporting the actual balance and the limits.

If I add all these cards limits, it's $15,500 (closed cards reporting balance and limits)

Balance combined on these cards $ 9,623

Adding my other cards still opened with $0 balance it becomes $17,400 ($1900 opened cards combined CL)

Combined util (closed plus not closed) : 55%

From myfico EQ report, it tells me my revolving account amount is too high and is $10.480. Is 55% too high?

Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 5
CS800
Super Contributor

I just find it funny that the limits still counts since they are closed with payment plans. I intend to bring the utilization down to 30% in the next month.

I wish they didnt count towards my utilization since they are closed.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.