cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge-off + collection, lender unresponsive - what to do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge-off + collection, lender unresponsive - what to do?

I have a 2012 charge-off with GECRB/AMAZON PLCC.  I have been unable to contact GECRB/Amazon for several years.  Their phone menu leads to a black hole ("no one is available to answer this call").  It is my belief that GECRB was purchased by another bank and now operate under a new name. This debt appears to have been sold to a collections agency,PORTFOLIO RECOVERY ASSOC; as far as I know, the collections agency hasn't tried to collect the debt.

Given my inability to communicate with GECRB/AMAZON PLCC, is there any way I can try to have the charge-off removed? Should I attempt to contact the bank that adsorbed GECRB? Is it worth contacting the collections agency and paying my balance? If so, would it be better to seek deletion of the collections account or pays-as-agreed status?

Is it correct that even if I can get deletion or pays as agreed from the collections agency, the original "charge-off" from GECRB will likely prevent me from obtaining most forms of credit until it drops off circa 2020?

Amazon charge-off:

GECRB/AMAZON PLCC:

PO Box 965015
Orlando, FL-328965015

Date Reported: 12/24/2012
Date of Last Payment: 11/2012
Charge Off Amount: $1,258

Collections account:

PORTFOLIO RECOVERY ASSOC

Riverside Commerce Center
120 Corporate Blvd Ste 100
Norfolk, VA-235024962

Date Opened: 11/20/2012
Date of Last Payment: 11/2012
Date Reported: 08/07/2014
Balance: $1,006

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: Charge-off + collection, lender unresponsive - what to do?

GECRB changed its name to Synchrony bank.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.