Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge off/ collection question

tag
score2low
Established Member

Charge off/ collection question

Hi all,

I have a CC  that i was missing payments on, it was sold to Cap1 when they took over DirectMerchant Bank. Shortly after that it was a charge off then sold to a CA who is actively trying to collect.

At the end of July I should be in a good position to get a PL to take care of this debt ( which is the last debt from losing my job in 2011) but my report is showing a recent delinquency and I have know idea why. I'm not late on any payments and haven't been for 2 years. I'm afraid that this "delinquency" is keeping my score a few points lower and may interfere with my PL from my LCU. (current score 638 from 590)

Trouble is the account in question is within the SOL and I don't want to touch it until I have the PIF amount in hand.

The DOFD is Feb 2012 and goes 30,60,90,120,120,120,KD,KD

The CA took control in Feb 2013

I have not spoken to or made any payments or made any arrangements to make any payments to the CA. Looks like they are reporting this wrong( maybe to get me to do something) I don't want to poke a bear until I'm ready to.

what's the best way to handle this and what are my steps once I get the PL ? I would love a PFD from the CA but I've heard they do not play ball.

Should I dispute the reporting of this hoping to get a few extra points( and the delinquency removed) before I apply for the PL?

If I do that will it rattle the cage?

Once I get the PL should I send them a PFD letter like I've seen here or should I call them and plead my case?  It's within the SOL so I don't think sending them a hardball type letter "PFD or nothing" would work. 

any advice/ experience is appreciated.  

My report shows cap 1 reporting this :

Experian                                           Equifax®                                         TransUnion®

Account Name                 CAP ONE                                            CAP ONE                                            CAP ONE

Account #                        5XXXXXXXXXXX                              5XXXXXXXXXXX                                    5xxxxxxxXXXX

Account Type                  Credit Card                                 Revolving or Option                                  Revolving

account Balance                 $0.00                                                 $0.00                                                    $0.00

Date Opened                      8/1/2005                                           8/1/2005                                             8/26/2005

Account Status                   Closed                                                closed                                                 Closed

Mo. Payment

Past Due                               $0.00                                                                                                                $0.00

Payment Status               Charge-off                               bad debt and placed for collection       Charged off as bad debt

High Balance                   $4,XXX.00                                           $3,XXX.00                                             $4,XXX.00

Limit                                    $3,XXX.00                                                                                                          $3,XXX.00

Terms                                Revolving

Comments                   Transferred to                                  account transferred or                purchased by another lender

another lender                                        sold charge off  

This is correct IMO and will be on for 7 years unless I can get a GW miracle (after it is paid). 

the collection agency is reporting this:

Account Name:                  PORTFOLIO RECOVERY ASS                              PORTFOLIO RECOVERY A                                       PORTFOLIO RC

Account # :                              5XXXXXXXXXXXX HSBC                                           5XXXXXXXXXXXX                                                      5XXXXXXXXXXXX

Account Type:                          Debt Purchase                                                            Open Account                                                       Collection Account

Account Balance:                      $4,XXX.00                                                                      $4,XXX.00                                                                 $4,XXX.00

Date Opened:                                2/1/2013                                                                    2/1/2013                                                                     2/15/2013

Account Status:                             Closed                                                                         Closed                                                                         Open

Mo. Payment

Past Due                                     $4,XXX.00                                                                    $4,XXX.00

Payment Status: Seriously past due date / assigned to attorney              At least 120 days or more                                                 Collection account                                

collection agency, or credit grantor's                            than four payments past due

internal collection department

High Balance                                                                                                                    $4,XXX.00

Limit Terms                                1 Month

Comments :                                                                                                          COLLECTION ACCOUNT                                                 Placed for collection

Experian is reporting this as "KD" from may 2013 to current.

Eq has it as "OK"  from Feb 2013 to current

TU isnt reporting anything on the timeline.

apologies for the long post. thanks for helping.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.