Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge off question.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge off question.

I have an old energy account that I was unaware of therefore in June 2015 I disputed the account. It was returned as unable to remove. So I called the energy company and the confirmed an address that I lived at 7 years ago as of 01/16. The account was opened 01/01/09. The last update date was 10/01/09. The amount is only 133.00$ any suggestions? Account status : closed, payment status : late, payment status details : charge off. So is it 7 years after 10/01/09?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge off question.

It would be no later than 7 years plus 180 days after the date of first delinquency that led up to the charge off. For example, if you were first late 7/1/09 and you never became current before the charge off on 10/1/09, then it would be 7 years (plus up to 180 days) after 7/1/09.

For your options, if you need to apply for something prior to this summer/fall, I would recommend paying the energy company and then sending in a GW request. Otherwise, depending on where you stand on paying old debts, just wait it out till a few months prior to the 7 month mark and start requesting early exclusion from the three bureaus.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge off question.

Ok thank you!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.