Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge off question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge off question

Can I ask how one website had me at 553 and this one at 630? They are so different how do I know that the higher one is right? 

Thanks for all your advice. I need to get these letters sent off asap. 

Message 21 of 47
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Can I ask how one website had me at 553 and this one at 630? They are so different how do I know that the higher one is right? 

If you'll re-read messages #6 and #15 of this thread I addressed some of that. The score from the EX website is NOT an EX FIO score and needs to be ignored. The score you got from myFICO is an EQ FICO score and is accurate.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 22 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@sisco wrote:

And the OC (Original Creditor) could sell this to a CA (Collection Agency) for collection which would be an additional negative entry.

MarineVietVet,

Regarding the above statement, can accounts that were IIB be sold by the OC to a CA after the BK is discharged?

Hi there.

My BK was many years ago and I'm certainly no expert on current laws but IMO this could not (legally) happen. Accounts IIB are just that. They are all supposed to be taken care of by the BK. But wait for others with more knowledge to confirm that. As a matter of fact I will PM a member who is up on all this and ask them to comment.

I agree with MVV -  the BK satisfies the debt to the degree indicated in your BK.  If the BK indicates that debt is fully satisfied, then there is no remaining debt for the OC to sell to a CA.  And if an OC whose debt was fully satisfied in a BK chose to sell a non-existing debt to a CA, a quick letter noting that they are in violation of the terms of the BK and are subject to legal action should put a quick end to the problem. 

Now if the original debt were not specifically listed in the BK, then the debt is (of course) not satisfied. 

Or if the debt were not fully satisfied in the BK (sometimes occurs in a CH 13 for certain types of accounts) then you're still responsible for whatever balance the BK determines is due the OC.  In an attempt to make this more clear:  i.e. a student loan may be paid as part of the BK, but the balance (and sometimes fees!) will still be valid and due after the BK is properly discharged.  I suppose if the creditor were to be late on the remaining balance, the OC could sell the balance to a CA.

So the easy answer is that once a BK satisfies 100% of a debt (which is in most cases), it cannot be sold to a CA.

Sorry for way too many words on this one.  Smiley Sad

Message 23 of 47
sobreezy
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The way that all your information is calculated on those other sites are totally different in comparison to how myFICO does it.  So as previously stated just ignore those wacky scores and focus on improving that beautiful 630

+1 Did you find any fax numbers for any of your CAs.  I've found that faxing them has been extremely effective. Again faxing may not be the best for all but could cut down on trips to Post Office and on walking...ahh laziness.

MyFako scores EX 594, EQ 553, TU 589 as of 10 Jun 11
myFICO EQ 614 TU 599 EX 644
Goal 700 by March 30 2015
Message 24 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm so excited that my score is 630. I didn't actually look for faxes I just went through and got the mailing addresses. 

When I send these letters, will they respond either way? I had 4 student loans with the same company and they are all reporting late 120 days from years ago. The balance has all been paid for awhile now. If I could get them to stop reporting late on 4 accounts that would be a big step. 

Message 25 of 47
sobreezy
Contributor

Yeah I've gotten responses from faxes and from mail that I've sent so you should be good either way. 

Message 26 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet. Well I have my letter typed up and ready to send in. If i can get them to remove the late reporting of 120+ days on 4 accounts that seems like it would help so much. Would you agree?

Also, My wife has outstanding credit like 760, If she were to add me as an Authorized User on a few of her accounts, would this help also? Thanks. 

Message 27 of 47
sobreezy
Contributor

Yes getting those off will help, try to focus on the most recent accts unless you are doing PFDs.  Because the accts that are most recent have the most impact on your scores.  Oh awesome if your DW wouldn't mind adding you to 1 or 2 of her good standing CCs then it will definitely help you.  I couldn't focus on working on 1 acct at a time so I did everything all at once, I sent out GWs, PFDs, DVs, everything.  It works just got to put forth a ton of effort and have some patience.  Keep us posted on your success!

Message 28 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will keep you posted for sure. I got the GW sent in to my student loan lender today. I will be sending more of those at the beginning of next week also. She wouldn't mind for sure,we're doing all we can to get my score up.

Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it.

Message 29 of 47
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

When your DW adds your as a AU, try for the one that is the oldest CC account.

That way it will help with your AAoA(Average Age of Accounts).Smiley Wink

Oh, of course make sure the CC doesnt have any late payments on it, but with her 

high CS she probablly doesnt have any lates.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 30 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.