Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge off reported twice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge off reported twice

Hello, I have a charge off from Frontier Communications that is being reported twice on my Experian and Equifax credit reports. I have attempted to dispute with no resolution from the CRA's(asside from Transunion). I just don't know how to get this error fixed. Both accounts have the same open date and account number listed. I just finished paying off all the debts I have and am trying to make things as clean as possible on my report.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge off reported twice

Message 2 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/14pet9o.jpg

The FCRA mandates that anyone reporting info to a persons CR be accurate, a dup is not an accurate representation. If these are in fact both the same I would make a copy of them and write a letter to the reporting creditor asking that one be removed as a dup. I would in fact go further and ask for complete removal of both TLs as a jesture of good will. See what happens with this and if one of them gets removed you have accomplished what you are after if both are gone then its even better. Good luck and welcome to the board Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I submitted a complaint to BBB for the creditor and a complaint to cfpb for experian and Equifax due to there failure to resolve the issue with my previous disputes. I will send out a disputes letter if I do not hear back over the next couple days with a resolution. Thanks for the advice.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:
I have been contacted by Executive Customer Relations. In regards to the BBB complaint. Basically they are insisting I dispute it through the CRA directly after I have advised multiple times I have already attempted this. She stated it can take up to 6 months for them to fix this kind of issue. Then she had me email back screenshots of the reporting. I really don't understand why I am getting so much push back trying to fix inaccuracies that they reported.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Final update CFPB complaints finally resulted in the CRAs deleting the duplicates.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.