Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge off revolving!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge off revolving!!

This is my last baddie that I have On my credit report. A BoA charge off amount $586 why is this account still revolving it's killing my utilization
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Charge off revolving!!

If it remains unpaid, it is still debt that you owe, and thus part of your balance due.

A charge-off does not negate the continued obligation for the debt or its inclusion in your % util.

Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If it remains unpaid, it is still debt that you owe, and thus part of your balance due.

A charge-off does not negate the continued obligation for the debt or its inclusion in your % util.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

how do I handle this do I call and set up a payment plan or settle? It's 3 years old.
Also BoA still owns this account but have payment thru a collection agency. If I want I can pay full to BoA if it's partial I have to set it up thru CA
I don't have $586 right now but I want start getting this off. I already got the impossible deleted (child support) off my credit so I can't let this hold me down.

Message 4 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I would set up payments to get it eventually paid off. Being that it is effecting your revolving balance, you'd be better served getting this taken care of as soon as possible.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know they willing to settle should I go that rout or just go to pay in full? Going call them tomorrow
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.