Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge off's and Sold debt

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge off's and Sold debt

I want to thank you all for the good information provided on these boards.  I am trying to find an answer and I have read conflicting answers.  The question deals with items that are reported late on your report after by the OC after they have sold the debt.  I also wonder if they can continue to report late payments after they write off charge off the debt.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Charge off's and Sold debt

@Anonymous wrote:

I want to thank you all for the good information provided on these boards.  I am trying to find an answer and I have read conflicting answers.  The question deals with items that are reported late on your report after by the OC after they have sold the debt.  I also wonder if they can continue to report late payments after they write off charge off the debt.

Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Yup they can report the payment history to the month they sell the account. They cannot continue to report lates past the point of it being sold at that point it has to be at a 0 balance.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge off's and Sold debt

Thanks for the reply.  So after the OC sells can the JDB begin to report late payments? I have both instances on my current CR.  I have disputed and it was fixed and then a year later the OC who sold the debt went back to showing the balance and reporting late payments again.  I have disputed both the CRA after I get the results I intend to do a DV for both.  Other than constant vigilance any other way to ensure that once corrected they stay that way?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.