Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge off vs collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge off vs collections

Hey sorry to drop in on this conversation but I had some issues along these lines that Im trying to find help with.

I have three creditors that are re-reporting charge offs on three accounts that have were originnally charged off in 2009. One originally charged off on 09/2009 and two others in 11/2009, all were being reported as charged off up until 02/2012 when the creditors started reporting it monthly again. My understanding was that after it was charged off, the acount moved from the Adverse Accounts tab on the credit report (TU in this example) to the collections portion of the report. Is there any way to stop the creditors from reporting on the accounts page, which is keeping my credit score from moving anywhere over the last 5 1/2 years, and have it transferred to the collections portion? I had employment issues in 2009 and had three other creditors that charged off accounts which then reported in collections but for some reason these havent.

Basically the CapOne account looks like this:

07/2014

Balance $1,155

Scheduled Payment- 

Amount Paid-

Past Due $1,155

Remarks CBG >PRL<

Rating C/O

Before it looked like this:

01/2012

Rating C/O

THX! 

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.