Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge off?

tag
en06
New Visitor

Charge off?

I have a loan that became past due in 2008. I made payment arrangements shortly after it became late and payments have been deducted from my account each month. I received a letter from a collection agency last week stating that the account has been turned over to them and I beech re set up the payments. I attempted to call the original company and they refused to provide me with information in regards to the loan,payments,etc. They informed me that the loan was charged off in 2009. When I stated that I was not made aware of the charge off, I was promptly hung up on. The collection agency states they are not able to provide me with a statement of payments either.  What are my rights, if any?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Charge off?

Message 2 of 8
en06
New Visitor

The loan originated with American General (who did the payment arrangement) then transferred to Springleaf. Resurgent has the collection acct. So,for now Springleaf is reporting. Resurgent hasn't started reporting yet.

Message 3 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I would send a direct dispute to Springleaf since they are reporting.  Do you have statements from your bank showing you paid it?  Does Springleaf show the original balance or the fact you made payments?

This is a Notice of Direct Dispute with you, under the provisions of FCRA §623(a)(8)(D), of the accuracy of information you have reported to my credit file.

In compliance with FCRA §623(a)(8)(D), and enacting regulations published at  16 CFR § 660.4, this Notice of Direct dispute includes:

Identification of the specific information being disputed:

(specify the account number, and the specific information that is disputed under

that identifying account)

Basis for the dispute:

(how the reporting was inaccurate;    was any reporting in violation of any statutory or

regulatory provisions?  account or express agreements?  CRA reporting gudelines? Account not

yours? etc.)

“Supporting documentation:

(all documents that support your dispute; it is recommened to also include,

as part of your documentation, at least a copy of the portion only of your

recent credit report showing their reporting of the disputed information was

actually reported to your credit flle.  The implementing rule suggests a  showing

that it appeared in your credit report)

Message 4 of 8
en06
New Visitor

I'll send a dispute. On my CR Springleaf reports monthly payments and the charge off. The balance is reduced , but I'm not 100% sure if it reflects all my payments, Springleaf would not review the history with me. I have the last 2 years of bank statements showing monthly payments. I'm working on getting 2008-2010 bank statements.

Message 5 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 6 of 8
Springleaf
New Visitor

Springleaf Financial Services would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please contact Springleaf Compliance Services at (800) 457-3741, ext. 5232 for assistance with this matter.

Message 7 of 8
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@Springleaf wrote:

Springleaf Financial Services would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please contact Springleaf Compliance Services at (800) 457-3741, ext. 5232 for assistance with this matter.

Im laughing so hard I'm crying...Sorry! Smiley Embarassed

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.