Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge off

I have a charge off with credit union account due to drop off credit report 6/16. I've call them a few times but all they do is give me a number to a collection agency! They refuse to talk to me about the account! The OCA is no where listed on any of my credit reports. I refuse to call them! Is there anything I can do since original creditor doesn't want to work with me to resolve the account?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge off

Its going to come off in less than a year. You can ask CRAs for early exclusion even sooner. I wouldn't do anything. If you call CA you might wake them up.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

hmmmm how soon?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a charge off with credit union account due to drop off credit report 6/16. I've call them a few times but all they do is give me a number to a collection agency! They refuse to talk to me about the account! The OCA is no where listed on any of my credit reports. I refuse to call them! Is there anything I can do since original creditor doesn't want to work with me to resolve the account?

Something that old has very likely been sold off, and since they (the CU) are not reporting, there's no point in talking with them. They can't compel the collector to do anything anyway. You options are to either contact the CA and deal with them or wait it out and request early exclusion next year. 

Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

If you cant get the CU to deal with you not much you can do to force them. If their collectors are not reporting I might give them a call and make a deal to settle in exchange for not reporting their TL. If this is past states SOL I would settle for less than full balance, however if the CU isnt updating it monthly now I think I would let it lay till its off your CR then make overtures to settle. If they update and it hasnt updated in awhile its going to drop your Fico score.

Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The creditor has the right to hire another to conduct collection on the delinquent debt, and to refer you to their designated agent.

I dont view it as a refusal to work with you, but rather as a process they have elected to use in the conduct of their business.

You can certainly make any requests through their agent.

If you choose not to call the debt collector, that is also your right.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.