Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge offs being removed???

tag
Lac2509
Valued Member

Charge offs being removed???

Hello, new to the forum... So many of you have definitely been inspiring with all the great posts and success stories. Anyway, i feel what is definitely holding me back is my paid charge offs. One for chase and one for hsbc. Both in 2008. Obviously if I could go back and ask for pay for deletes I would have but hindsight is 20/20 I guess. Any suggestions about getting these off? Should I keep disputing with the CRA or the OC? Or just try my luck with good will letters? Anyone have any luck? I am currently low 600's so any help or suggestions would be wonderful! Thanks!

Starting Score: 600
Current Score: FICO TU688
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Charge offs being removed???

@Lac2509 wrote:
Hello, new to the forum... So many of you have definitely been inspiring with all the great posts and success stories. Anyway, i feel what is definitely holding me back is my paid charge offs. One for chase and one for hsbc. Both in 2008. Obviously if I could go back and ask for pay for deletes I would have but hindsight is 20/20 I guess. Any suggestions about getting these off? Should I keep disputing with the CRA or the OC? Or just try my luck with good will letters? Anyone have any luck? I am currently low 600's so any help or suggestions would be wonderful! Thanks!

Hello and welcome to myFICO.

Since these are paid your only option is to try GW letters. There is nothing to dispute if this information is reporting accurately.

If you do a search here onsite you might find older threads talking about how other members approached Chase and HSBC with GW requests and what seemed to work and not work.

Good luck to you on this. Keep us posted as to what happens.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.