Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge offs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge offs

Hello Community. Need some advice. I have several accounts that were charged off by the original creditors and also sold to collection agencies. However, I have been successful in having the items of the collection agencies deleted, but the charged off items of the original creditors remain. I've requested the credit bureaus delete these, but they consistently reply the items have been verified and they refuse to delete. Any suggestions would be most helpful!!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Charge offs

Reporting by the OC is entirely separate from that of a debt collector, and any removal of a collection is not basis for removal of any derogs reported by the OC.

The proper procedure at this point is to request a good-will deletion by the OC of their own reporting.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

RobertEG, thanks for the info. It's greatly appreciated.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Robert is correct. Most collections agency will delete once paid and settled, again most. But the originally charge off will stay on for about 7 years from the date of first delinquency leading to the charge offs. Remember some good will letters work others don't.
Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.