Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge offs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge offs

How can 1 remove charge offs I have 2 charge offs that are scheduled to be removed 2030. Should I just do a pay for delete?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge offs

2030 is 13 years from now which is unlikely that's the removal date.

What is your DOFD and what's the end of SOL date?

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is DOFD?
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Date Of First Deliquency -- you get that from your paper reports from the CBs directly.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. I'm not certain. I will research that more.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're working on your credit reports, you always want a real report direct from the CBs.  Either call and get a paper report from each or use annualcreditreport.com to request your free credit report once a year.

I prefer paper reports.  If I ever get a denial on an application, I use that denial letter to request another free paper report every time.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

How does the SOL come into play with regards to the DOFD?
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I personally don't "poke the bear" with OCs if I am within SOL for being sued in my state.  The month after SOL expires I'll poke freely because they can't sue anymore.

If you're within SOL and you start disputing OC derogatories, don't be surprised if they sue.  One thing I did with every OC and CA and JDB on my reports is look them up on my county courthouse's docket search to see who sued, for how much, etc.  That gave me an idea if they were sue-happy or not.  I still waited until out of SOL before disputing OC tradelines at all.

JDBs and CAs vary in terms of what amount of collection before filing a lawsuit so if they're small, I would probably look for errors in reporting and dispute based on those first.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the SOL for charge offs
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depends on your state's laws and what the account is categorized as.  I won't give you specific advice there because it's too close to legal advice, but if you want to work on it, do some searches on your state, the type of account, SOL, etc.  It can vary greatly state-to-state and account-to-account.

If you live in Missouri and have a credit card, type "SOL credit card Missouri" into google and read, read, read.  

In addition, you also want to pay attention to portions of your state's laws that discuss extending the SOL.  In my state, if I make a payment arrangement, it can extend the SOL for many years after payment is made.  So if you ever made a payment arrangement, you may have to recalculate SOL based on that, if your state enforces that type of extension.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.