cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged Off Discover Account No Contact?

tag
w123

Charged Off Discover Account No Contact?

I have a discover account that I last paid on about 2 years ago. The amount is $8300. My credit report shows that the last activity was sept 2011 and account was closed may 2012. I don't have an exact date of charge off but I imagine it was around may 2012. I haven't heard anything whatsoever from discover or any collection agencies. I'd like to get this account settled so I can start rebuilding my credit. Should I reach out to them to offer a settlement amount or keep waiting for them to contact me? Thanks.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
w123

Re: Charged Off Discover Account No Contact?

Any thoughts on this? Thanks guys.
Message 2 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@w123 wrote:
I have a discover account that I last paid on about 2 years ago. The amount is $8300. My credit report shows that the last activity was sept 2011 and account was closed may 2012. I don't have an exact date of charge off but I imagine it was around may 2012. I haven't heard anything whatsoever from discover or any collection agencies. I'd like to get this account settled so I can start rebuilding my credit. Should I reach out to them to offer a settlement amount or keep waiting for them to contact me? Thanks.

Probably the first step would be to contact Discover to see if they still have the debt or have sold it to a collection agency.

If a CA has the debt then it may also appear on your reports as a collection, which will hurt your FICO score.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 5
Dapper_Dan
Contributor

Good luck with that...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Discover-is-killing-me/td-p/1552774

I offered a settlement: no response.

I asked for dv several times: no response.

Account was CO several years ago.  No 1099 Misc!

The are way outside SOL.  Screw them!

4/2012 **Paid off 60 month car loan in 60 months**
6/11/2012 500 Auto EQ (CarMax)
7/2012 **Paid off 60 month VW car loan in 32 months**
8/13/2012 584 TU myFICO
8/16/2012 577 EQ myFICO
8/18/2012 **New $500 CC from WalMart** (1st CC since 2008)
8/19/2012 **New $200 CC from Capital One** (2nd CC since 2008)
Message 4 of 5
DaBears
Senior Contributor

DV's are not sent to Original creditors only CA's. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.