Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged off balance, account shows open still reporting balance

tag
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Charged off balance, account shows open still reporting balance

I dont know how I over looked this one but I guess I have a open account with Service Credit union that remains open. They told me they charged off the $290 dollars on the account but it still reports on my credit reports as open and unpaid. What are my options on this?

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Charged off balance, account shows open still reporting balance

@dodgeball wrote:

I dont know how I over looked this one but I guess I have a open account with Service Credit union that remains open. They told me they charged off the $290 dollars on the account but it still reports on my credit reports as open and unpaid. What are my options on this?

Assuming that you want to pay it, you could try to negotiate a PFD agreement with the credit union ( assuming they are reporting this on your CRs ).

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
dodgeball
Established Contributor

I am thinking I should pay it. Its effecting my utilization on transunion and be reporting as late on equifax, kind of weird be reporting as late but not a 30 day nothing.
NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 3 of 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

It's worth a shot to ask them about a PFD ~ they get paid and you get the negative removed from your CRs.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.