Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charity care Questions for old medical

tag
Hopingfor700s
Valued Member

Charity care Questions for old medical

I called all the hospitals etc from 2012/2013 showing on my report.  Told them I had lost my job etc and they said it was too late to apply for charity care.  Is that correct?  What is the next step as I cannot afford 20k+ in medical bills.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
stargazer25
Regular Contributor

Re: Charity care Questions for old medical

At least in my experience they told me it didn't matter what I was doing then, it's what I am earning now to repay it. 

The charity care policy varies per hospital. 

Starting Scores: September 2015 minus 500 across the board
Current Scores: October 2017 EQ: 715 TU: 710 EX: 716
In My Wallet:
Cap1 QS: $4.8K - AMEX BCP: $4.2K - Old Navy Visa: $7K - Nordstrom $3.8K - VS $500 (FTW!)
BofA AU: $12K AMEX AU: $25K
Business: AMEX BCP $15K
Message 2 of 5
Hopingfor700s
Valued Member

The hospitals said they only take the charity care application up until 6 months after the event.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hopingfor700s wrote:

I called all the hospitals etc from 2012/2013 showing on my report.  Told them I had lost my job etc and they said it was too late to apply for charity care.  Is that correct?  What is the next step as I cannot afford 20k+ in medical bills.

Google the HIPAA Letter Process follow it exactly as laid out. If you have problems finding the website or any questions PM me.
Message 4 of 5
Hopingfor700s
Valued Member

I found the google website for the Hippa very overwhelming and not sure what to do since it is all over the place.  I also don't have the money to pay off the 20k or so in collection medical bills.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.